First tip over on the ST just happened. Girlfriend almost peed herself

Bike
2012 ST1300A
The ST is the most tip over prone bike ive ever owned. Ive got a few stories from this bike. Ride safe safe travels
I rode a ST for 10 years making between 20 and 30 stops a day and never had the bike tip over and that was even stepping off and getting back on the high side to avoid getting hit by traffic.

Dropped mine last week with my other half on the back doing a U turn on a single track road, we were at probably less than walking speed and fortunately neither of us were hurt at all as we both just stepped off. Ive only had the bike a month !. Equally fortunately I happen to have seen a You Tube posting showing how to pick up a dropped bike so no harm done as the crash bars took the load. The bike I had before was a Tiger 955 which even though I'm 6ft3 was still too tall for us, had it been on that one I think it would have had us both in the floor.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I rode a ST for 10 years making between 20 and 30 stops a day and never had the bike tip over and that was even stepping off and getting back on the high side to avoid getting hit by traffic.
Were you a professional "motor guy"?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Thats not what I was implying, but it is not a design flaw with the bike for those that might be considering it.
I wouldn't call it a flaw nor imply that it tends to topple anybody but the bike is harder to "right" than a GoldWing. Or some I'm told. So there are a few variables for which another bike might be a better choice for some riders.

Bike
2000 ST1100
When i first got mine me and my wife was taking a ride and the road was wet with leaves and i guess i locked the brakes and down we went. I was going kinda slow so the damage was minimal scratches on lower faring and mirror scratches and grey tip over cover marred. We had a few scrapes but got away ok.

Top Bottom