FL-Central: Tag

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I typed "Palomino Blond" into Google and it told me all I'd want to know about Palomino Blond spiders.

So it's not always a truism.
‘Palomino Blond band’ leads to a FB page with history of play dates.

Shawn K

Professional Cat Confuser
Bike
GL1800
STOC #
‘Palomino Blond band’ leads to a FB page with history of play dates.
You're making my point for me, Dave. Until you pointed it out in this thread, I had no idea that "Palomino Blond" was the name of a band. So how was I supposed to know to Google that?

The larger point in this last series of posts is that the tag could have been done better.

Shawn K

Bike
GL1800
STOC #
Is there an east/west division in central Florida? It can't be much more than 160-175 miles coast to coast.

All I'm saying is, the location of Ponce De Leon Springs seems more like eastern Florida than western Florida, and I was responding to Shuey's question.

Capture.JPG

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
"The larger point in this last series of posts is that the tag could have been done better."

Maybe you're right, but I think all the guys I ride with, around here, know Gator Joe's and Johnson Beach are synonymous. I think at one point, the restaurant was Gator Joe's and the lake beach was Johnson's Beach.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Did the tag just get moved . . . from Central Florida to Western Florida?

Confused,
Shuey

No. The Johnson's Beach sign referred to Johnson's Beach/Gator Joe's location on Lake Weir, Ocklawaha Florida. Not Johnson Beach in the panhandle.

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Did the tag just get moved . . . from Central Florida to Western Florida?

Confused,
Shuey

No. The Johnson's Beach sign referred to Johnson's Beach/Gator Joe's location on Lake Weir, Ocklawaha Florida. Not Johnson Beach in the panhandle.
Ron, Ron, Ron . . .
Johnson's Beach/Gator Joe's, been there several times, I got it.
Ponce De Leon Springs State Park, at least the one I know of, is up here in the Western Tag area between DeFuniak Springs and Bonifay. That was what my confusion was about.

However, like Dave said, "Google is our friend." The sign wording threw me off for awhile. Just needed to focus on photo date once I got to the right park. ;)

Shuey

Shawn K

Bike
GL1800
STOC #
I think all the guys I ride with, around here, know Gator Joe's and Johnson Beach are synonymous
There are numerous riders (like me) who play tags in multiple states. I still have 4 or 5 tags in other states as we speak.

Not trying to be a jerk, I'm just trying to illustrate the need for providing a little more intuitive info for people who aren't locals.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
Ron, Ron, Ron . . .
Johnson's Beach/Gator Joe's, been there several times, I got it.
Ponce De Leon Springs State Park, at least the one I know of, is up here in the Western Tag area between DeFuniak Springs and Bonifay. That was what my confusion was about.

However, like Dave said, "Google is our friend." The sign wording threw me off for awhile. Just needed to focus on photo date once I got to the right park. ;)

Shuey
I guess that's 2 in a row for some east-west confusion! :biggrin: I was confused at first. Thing is, I've been there and had the pancakes. The swimming area was shut down while a couple guys tried to wrangle a 5'-6' gator out of the pool. Don't remember the picture.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Went for a little ride today. A bit on the warm side, 84F. The first tag is on a good Florida road. The new tag isn't too far away, so if you goggle it, there are a couple stores, go to the one closest to the first tag.
The street address is the open and shut clue.

Ron

Bike
ST1100s
STOC #
The street address is the open and shut clue.
Been there a zillion times and never noticed the address numbers. Usually I stop by the Oakwood Smokehouse (a mile or so south) for a meal and then pick-up some desert at the donut shop.

dduelin

Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
What a beautiful day!

IMG_0710.jpg

I came across this F-15A in Debary. The tail letters caught my attention, the 33rd was based at Eglin AFB where I grew up.

IMG_0711.jpg

Top Bottom