Front & rear wheel removal without center stand

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
To put it honestly I hate changing tires. Even with good tools that last time I tried on my wife's F700GS I broke the TPMS sensor off in the wheel and ended up bringing both wheels in for tire replacement. I would rather give the shop 30 bucks each than mess with it. I am 20 miles oneway to the shop so they both come off and into the shop at the same time.

Bike
2010 ST1300
With ceiling joists (they look like 2x6's) why did you not just lift the bike in the air a few inches using the rachet straps. Your crash bars offer a perfect front attachment point, the rear swing arm might work for the rear.

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
The joists are 12ft 2x4's and the building is a historic building owned by the forest service. The ratchet straps are really there to balance the bike. The bash plate is sitting on a large block of wood that supports the bike.

OP
OP
Grabcon
Bike
2020 Moto guzzi V85T
Well after finding out that the shop was a couple days behind and that my tire replacement was fill in work and after several folks here and another forums said just do them yourself, I decided to make the plunged do removal and mounting. Was it horrible? Not really it went considerably better than my wife's F700GS. The Wee had factory Bridgestone's and I will say that the back removal was kind of a pain, the front went pretty easy.

Mounting was surprising I put on the Motoz Tractionator GPS front and rear. The front went on without tools. Sprayed some Dawn on the bead and it just pushed on, The rear was a bit more formidable. The last foot or so of getting the bead over the rim was a challenge, the carcass was fairly ridged and until I got it to the center of the rim it just wouldn't slip on. But at the end of the day I learned something and the job got done. Would I do it again? Sure

Thanks to the encouragement from those that said "Just do it!"

Top Bottom