Fuel injector removal

Well the Honda dealer has just confirmed that the ECT wires are fried, that explanes a few things. He's struggling to get the fuel injector banks out are there any tricks to removing said items without breaking stuff
Thanks
Richard

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
Not sure what ECT involves, but you don't need to remove the injectors themselves to replace the sub-harness. BTDT.

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
no, down through the top under the airbox, but you do not have to remove the throttle bodies, just thread the harness through. Take note of where the existing one is routed and the new one goes in the same way. See here for details and a couple photos of what my harness looked like after mice dined on it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Huntly
no, down through the top under the airbox, but you do not have to remove the throttle bodies, just thread the harness through. Take note of where the existing one is routed and the new one goes in the same way. See here for details and a couple photos of what my harness looked like after mice dined on it.
Blimey that's a right ol mesh did you take the rubber mat out the one under the bodies and where is the connector for the display situated

Gus1300

Site Supporter
Bike
04 1300A
It looks like the Engine Coolant Temperature sensor, at least in my 03-05 service manual wiring schematic, is part of a sub harness that includes the neutral switch, oil pressure switch and knock sensor connections. So not the injector sub-harness I was referring to being able to thread through without removing the throttle bodies.

The throttle body assembly may have to come out to get to that rascal as suggested by the dealer; there are threads and info here for how to do it without breaking things. I haven't ever done that bit of mx myself so would have to defer to others with that level of experience for advice. It looks like there is good troubleshooting information in the other 2017 thread you asked in.

Do you know if the dealer has looked for other things mentioned (ground, dash connection, etc) before determining that it is the ECT wiring that is the problem? What were the indications or codes you had, or did you just take it to the dealer to diagnose?

Last edited:
Top Bottom