OP
OP
IndyRob

IndyRob

Site Supporter
Bike
93 ST1100
STOC #
I must admit to being mystified at the idea of trailering a bike to go bike riding. And if you hate interstate riding across Kansas -- get off the interstate. There's a lot of stuff in what coast dwellers refer to as "fly over country." As Pirsig observed, there's an importance to a place being "empty". A cup is useful because of the empty space. Get Zen.
I must admit to being mystified at the idea of trailering a bike to go bike riding. And if you hate interstate riding across Kansas -- get off the interstate. There's a lot of stuff in what coast dwellers refer to as "fly over country." As Pirsig observed, there's an importance to a place being "empty". A cup is useful because of the empty space. Get Zen.
I have only trailered one time myself. I am definitely, as Neil Peart defines, a "shunpiker" (one who stays off the turnpike as much as possible) unless needed to make time/miles. However I also have a limited number of days and a lot of stuff I want to see out there.... so I either spend another 2 days on each side on somewhat interesting roads through the midwest and reduce my time in the "fun stuff" or I slab it to get to Ft. Collins in 2 days so we can get going.

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Probably in the minority here but I love crossing Wyoming on a bike. If you can just look past the fence the land is just like it was for thousands of years. No lights, no barns, no houses, no nothing. An occasional snow fence (some are huge) to keep drifting down.

We are running out of those places where man has not spoiled the view.

Almost forgot, consider the title of this thread and Mr. Fines reply from his car:

like brownie fixings. Hmmm.....

Bike
2012 ST 1300
2024 Miles
STOC #
I have only trailered one time myself. I am definitely, as Neil Peart defines, a "shunpiker" (one who stays off the turnpike as much as possible) unless needed to make time/miles. However I also have a limited number of days and a lot of stuff I want to see out there.... so I either spend another 2 days on each side on somewhat interesting roads through the midwest and reduce my time in the "fun stuff" or I slab it to get to Ft. Collins in 2 days so we can get going.
Or, and I'm just throwing this out there, you could go from Indianapolis to Denver in one day, document the ride and join the Iron Butt Assoc., and have that be part of the story of your epic ride.

Top Bottom