Got crf250l..??

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Congrats Todd! I’ Bet you love that little bike. If you do anything to it, have the suspension set up for you first. You won’t regret it. The best bang for the buck on my Tiger 800 was having my suspension done. I’m going to have the same guy finish my DR650.
My DR650 has a list of Farkles I will never recoup the money from. But I built it for me. And I like it.
I was working so much overtime when I bought it and started building it. I’ll take this. I’ll take that. Before I knew it I spent more in Farkles than what I paid for the bike. And I hadn’t rode it enough to see if this is really the bike I wanted.
I say this to say please do yourself a favor and ride this bike to make sure it works for what you are looking for. Then Farklle it the way want it.
Little bikes are fun. But you saw what I showed up to your place on last year. The ST is still my long distance road dog for now when it’s cool. Next time I’ll be on my Triumph. You have got to ride it! Probably the most fun bike I have ever owned!

Bike
'14 CTX1300
STOC #
I don't think I know anyone that finds better deals on a regular basis. I may just give you some $ to invest....

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
JRob said:
I don't think I know anyone that finds better deals on a regular basis. I may just give you some $ to invest....
ToddC said:
Been looking for a year now.

Impatience costs! If I'd been looking I would have caved and paid more for sooner and probably might have settled for modded to some degree rather than bone stock. That would have been my preference as well.

The milage... That's a major perk and a great bragging right as well!

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Dude, I got a good line on some property in FL...... interested??? :croc::rofl1:

I bought a used one for a shuttle bike for a broke down ke100, but weight became an issue loading. rebuilt the ke100 but was having too much fun riding the little honda. Perfect for campgrounds or grocery runs. I was thinking of taking it over the WA BCDR. Before I attempt it would probably upgrade suspension and replace stock tires. Definitely will have to visit your place one of these weekends. Rick

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I bought a used one for a shuttle bike for a broke down ke100, but weight became an issue loading. rebuilt the ke100 but was having too much fun riding the little honda. Perfect for campgrounds or grocery runs. I was thinking of taking it over the WA BCDR. Before I attempt it would probably upgrade suspension and replace stock tires. Definitely will have to visit your place one of these weekends. Rick
That would be great..!! The biker flop house is always open. Just let me know when you are coming. NEWSTOC is first weekend of June
Are you referring to the dirt bike ride in Odessa..???

ToddC

Last edited:
I had one a few years ago. It wouldnt gio in a straight line! (Im 250 lbs though...) I had such high hopes too...

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Congrats Todd! I’ Bet you love that little bike. If you do anything to it, have the suspension set up for you first. You won’t regret it. The best bang for the buck on my Tiger 800 was having my suspension done. I’m going to have the same guy finish my DR650.
My DR650 has a list of Farkles I will never recoup the money from. But I built it for me. And I like it.
I was working so much overtime when I bought it and started building it. I’ll take this. I’ll take that. Before I knew it I spent more in Farkles than what I paid for the bike. And I hadn’t rode it enough to see if this is really the bike I wanted.
I say this to say please do yourself a favor and ride this bike to make sure it works for what you are looking for. Then Farklle it the way want it.
Little bikes are fun. But you saw what I showed up to your place on last year. The ST is still my long distance road dog for now when it’s cool. Next time I’ll be on my Triumph. You have got to ride it! Probably the most fun bike I have ever owned!

I think for now, I will leave it stock. Give it a little time before adding any mods. Not going to be doing any wild riding at my age and brittleness.....:sick1::mw1:. Thanks for the ideas. Riding out west this year???

ToddC

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I need to get off of my ***** and go somewhere. I doubt if I have rode 500 miles this year. I would love to get back out west and finish some of the riding I missed out on last year. I think the Tiger will be the bike of choice next trip. You need to ride it.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I need to get off of my ***** and go somewhere. I doubt if I have rode 500 miles this year. I would love to get back out west and finish some of the riding I missed out on last year. I think the Tiger will be the bike of choice next trip. You need to ride it.
Flop house is always open........:capwin::shower1:

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Ok....put down my first 50 miles today.
A few observations, first....a fun little bike.:)
Plenty of power to get you there, but not enough to get you in trouble because you think you are 25 again. Was on dirt roads for 40 miles of it.
Seat get a little firm and small at about 40 miles.....:eek:4:
And it has been a while since I rode without wind protection....... looking for a small windscreen.:wind1:

Looking forward to more extended backroad rides.

ToddC

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
ToddC said:
looking for a small windscreen.
+1 If you never leave the city and stick to errands wind would almost never be a factor.

But I don't know that I could own a bike without at least one of those National Cycle-type bikini fairings. This is what I had on my V65 Sabre:

It worked well and looked much nicer than most of the little fairings.

Saeng made a clear handlebar mounted windshield with turn signals that was gorgeous and a fair bit bigger. The entire edge lit up from the running lights. Really nice but too pricey for me at the time.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
But I don't know that I could own a bike without at least one of those National Cycle-type bikini fairings. This is what I had on my V65 Sabre:
Agree completely- I had the exact same wind screen on my V45 Magna and now I have a black ST1300. Great minds..............

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Agree completely- I had the exact same wind screen on my V45 Magna and now I have a black ST1300. Great minds..............

Too funny......I had the same screen on my cb900 before my V65 Sabre. Sabre had the factory fairing. And I just ordered one of these screens for the CRF......

ToddC

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
FYI Great deal on a pair of these on Craigslist in Corvallis Oregon right now. 2015s both with less than 400 miles.....$7000 for the pair.

Just an FYI
ToddC

Dale_I

Incorrigible Idealist
Site Supporter
Bike
08 FJR1300/01 ST1100
2024 Miles
STOC #
FYI Great deal on a pair of these on Craigslist in Corvallis Oregon right now. 2015s both with less than 400 miles.....$7000 for the pair.

Just an FYI
ToddC
Ssshhhhhhhh......

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Got my first Farkle for the little bike........a little windscreen.

_20180419_155836.jpg. _20180419_155905.jpg. _20180419_155954.jpg. Makes rides over 45 mph more enjoyable.....

ToddC

Top Bottom