Grrrrr… My Turn

Da Bear

Ask me about my cat...
Bike
'03 ST1300
So while I was at Princess Auto , aquired led strip lights 12.99 each x2 and last night installed them in the Givi trunk.IMG_5243.jpgHope this helps a bit.
I'm still on the hunt for a stock Pan American trunk spoiler, with light. They seem to be made of unobtainium though. I do have, and I suggest these to everyone, a pair of strobbing LED brake lights; one on each side of my license plate. From what folks tell me, you see those things day or night...

OP
OP
GGely

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
I have Hyperlight Run/Brake/Turns on my saddle bags with quick disconnect connectors and have had lots of comments on how well they work.

Since they’re spaced far apart etc., they’re quite noticeable. And, from what I recall they weren’t very expensive.

The best part was the factory support… a small owner operated company answering the phone when someone calls with a question. Ridiculous, I know, but there you are.

DenAmmons

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300PA
Rear spoiler with lights..
Crazy thoughts - Perhaps a spoiler from a GoldWing can be made to fit. I don't have a top box to measure.

OP
OP
GGely

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
Well, yes. And no. Physically, about 40%. I can lift my leg about 3” before feeling it. I’m on a business trip to Western Canada and a cane is definitely helping me get around.

Pride? 0%. Everyone wants to know what happened.

“The truth? There was a terrible highway accident involving a bus load of nuns and orphans and, at great peril to my own well being, I leaped off my trusty STeed and…”

OP
OP
GGely

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
I was in YVR late Sunday and Monday then to YYC Monday afternoon through to right now, where I am sitting at a bar, waiting on my flight home.

I didn't plan this trip at all well, I should have reached out to all here to see if anyone wanted to get together for a beer or a coffee and a chat! Next time!

I'm heading to Montreal next so, hey! Peppermint!

Bike
2004 ST1300
Well, yes. And no. Physically, about 40%. I can lift my leg about 3” before feeling it. I’m on a business trip to Western Canada and a cane is definitely helping me get around.

Pride? 0%. Everyone wants to know what happened.

“The truth? There was a terrible highway accident involving a bus load of nuns and orphans and, at great peril to my own well being, I leaped off my trusty STeed and…”
Hey Gabe.
Anybody who hasn't tipped over a bike is lying.
Did my 1100 at 4am in our driveway. Long day trucking forgot the side stand. At the point in which I realized I forgot it was too late to hold up 700 lbs. Mirror and saddle bag the casualties. And my pride.
Next tip over was a slide out. Forgot I had a new rear time. Gave it the gas out of the driveway. Down I went. You're supposed to gently wear off the release agent from the tire. Another shattered mirror. And a sore knee.
Yep. It happens.

Problem with tip overs , we try to stop it and get hurt. The "Smart" part of my brain would recommend let it fall over and get one's legs out of the way. Now if only I would follow that "Smart" part!

STFlips

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100A
First stop on the first day's ride at OH-STOC I gently leaned it over on the side stand that wasn't out! Good thing I wasn't too close to the guy beside me and started the dominos tumbling! Only ego suffered damage :rolleyes:

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
First stop on the first day's ride at OH-STOC I gently leaned it over on the side stand that wasn't out! Good thing I wasn't too close to the guy beside me and started the dominos tumbling! Only ego suffered damage :rolleyes:
The bike tipover phenomenon even happens at Iron Butt Rallies ...in the parking area, BEFORE they even start the Rally.
Happens at most IBRs, including this year's.
And these guys are genuine milemunchers, and ride way more than most of us -- so what does that tell you?
(Besides the fact most of them are old... but most riders these days fit that general description these days, don't we?)

Top Bottom