H4 LED - 2018 Evitek, F2 replaces G6

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
I have the F2's (last link) as they were the newest and cheapest* at the time.
*They also shipped by Amazon so no waiting 4 months for an overseas shipment that may or may not show up.

1667310408508.png

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I go shopping for these occasionally as a matter of interest..... amusing and confusing at the same time.... the brand names on Amazon.com aren't the same as Amazon.ca (costs money to ship from Amazon US), and the same brands there don't exist on Ali-Express..... there's literally a hundred to choose from.....
Note to Estee, the logistics system in China has made significant improvements, most stuff will get to your mailbox in a couple of weeks now, whereas before it was near double that.

I go shopping for these occasionally as a matter of interest..... amusing and confusing at the same time.... the brand names on Amazon.com aren't the same as Amazon.ca (costs money to ship from Amazon US), and the same brands there don't exist on Ali-Express..... there's literally a hundred to choose from.....
Note to Estee, the logistics system in China has made significant improvements, most stuff will get to your mailbox in a couple of weeks now, whereas before it was near double that.
Thank you for that info!

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
The F2 has a brighter tighter beam pattern most like the original halogen since it has thin leds.
The F2 plus uses bigger brighter leds that spreads out the light in a slightly bigger pattern.
more light on the road and on the sides of the road. It is a very good compromise.
If they had used really big leds then you would have too much light in the wrong places.

I have been slowly changing over to the F2 plus in all my vehicles.
I am in no hurry since the F2 works just fine.
For those who are new to this just get the F2 plus.
Some like to have other options since they have fitment issues.

Reactions: Obo
The F2 has a brighter tighter beam pattern most like the original halogen since it has thin leds.
The F2 plus uses bigger brighter leds that spreads out the light in a slightly bigger pattern.
more light on the road and on the sides of the road. It is a very good compromise.
If they had used really big leds then you would have too much light in the wrong places.

Thank you for the feedback! I am looking hard at the F2 Plus but one factor that keeps pointing me back to the M1 is that (if I understand correctly) it does not have the external driver box, which appeals to me in terms of ease of installation. Will do some further reading of your previous posts to try to get pros / cons on the F2 plus vs. the M1 bulb.

OP
OP
spiderman302
Bike
2006 ST1300A
2024 Miles
The M1 is a lower power version, the F2 plus is much brighter, I do not remember the numbers, later tonight I could check....
the extra regulator box is no big deal. The f2 plus uses the F3 LED chip. see patterns here:

The M1 is a lower power version, the F2 plus is much brighter, I do not remember the numbers, later tonight I could check....
the extra regulator box is no big deal. The f2 plus uses the F3 LED chip. see patterns here:

Thanks for explaining that further, much appreciated. Will order the F2 plus!

David Fyffe

Site Supporter
Bike
2010 ST1300/1978 GL

The last time I corresponded with Cindy the latest bulb was called the F3. They are a bit more powerful and really light up the road. I moved from the F2's.

Top Bottom