Harley finally did it !!!

I've had two but out of fairness only count one has being a Harley since the first was an AMF,which was the worst bike I've ever owned. The Duc is a 90 degree V,or as some people call them an L.Which is an altogether different beast.Same as the V-strom and I think some of the Aprilia's.Then there's some V-twins that aren't true V-twins because they have an offset crank with a throw for each rod, like the VTX 1800.I'm not bashing HD's.Someone asked for an opinion and I gave mine. Personally I would never, ever in a thousand years own another 45 degree, single pin crankshaft,air cooled engine regardless of who it was made by.On the other hand I do like the V-rod which is a Harleys Porsche designed copy of what the Japanese have been making for years.Not because it's a harley,not because it's a Jap clone,but because it's a modern well designed engine that produces HP proportional to the CC's it displaces and is not constantly beating itself apart because of an inherent off balance design. Not everyone that has no interest in a Harley is a non owner or bashing them. Lot's of people like them it's just not anything that trips my trigger.

+1 there, and for all you guys ragging on V-twins, look how far the Duc has gone. I would bet that there are more V-twins out there than any other eng. configureation...... Maybe there's a reason??????
A ducati engine has few similarities with A harley. They each have 2 cylinders,that's about it.

In Motorcylist Magazine they said the XR1200 might make it in the states next year. This is the only Harley I would ever be interested in owning. So what if I have to work on it all the time, I looks sweet!

Bike
v-rod
STOC #
The only time a HD vibrates is at idle, once they are off idle they are VERY smooth. The bike is priced less than a Duc Monster and more than a CBR600RR. Thats priced about right in my opinion. Whats with all the Harley Bashing on this site? I still get the feeling most people that bash them have never touched one. :(
I have often wondered the same thing. I own more H-D products that Honda and have never said anything againsy Honda Motorcycles or riders. If I could only have one bike I would keep my V-Rod.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I've had two but out of fairness only count one has being a Harley since the first was an AMF,which was the worst bike I've ever owned. The Duc is a 90 degree V,or as some people call them an L.Which is an altogether different beast.Same as the V-strom and I think some of the Aprilia's.Then there's some V-twins that aren't true V-twins because they have an offset crank with a throw for each rod, like the VTX 1800.I'm not bashing HD's.Someone asked for an opinion and I gave mine. Personally I would never, ever in a thousand years own another 45 degree, single pin crankshaft,air cooled engine regardless of who it was made by.On the other hand I do like the V-rod which is a Harleys Porsche designed copy of what the Japanese have been making for years.Not because it's a harley,not because it's a Jap clone,but because it's a modern well designed engine that produces HP proportional to the CC's it displaces and is not constantly beating itself apart because of an inherent off balance design. Not everyone that has no interest in a Harley is a non owner or bashing them. Lot's of people like them it's just not anything that trips my trigger.
As was correctly pointed out IMHO... to be a V-Twin you must have a common crank pin for the two cylinders otherwise your just a V-2. Honda's RC-51 comes to mind when I think of how far a V-Twin can go (at least I think it is a true twin?)...

Comment Deleted...

Last edited:
OP
OP
bayoubear
actually the "norm" harley look doesn't fit this bike at all. thats what I like about it that the 'norm' harley guy would look just plain (more?) rediculious .:rolleyes:

storm

Firewatcher man
HD also just purchased MV Augusta for 102 million.

I am guessing they are going to try to supply something other than the single purpose machines they have been making for over 100 years - or MV Agusta is going down the tubes - one of the two I guess :p:

Top Bottom