Has anyone here on the forum caught the Coronavirus yet?

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
If so, perhaps you (or your executor) could share your experience with the rest of us - what was it like, what were the first indications to cause you to think you had it, how long did it take to get over it, etc.

Michael

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
Of all the forums I visit this was the last to start a COVID thread. I'm clicking out.

OP
OP
CYYJ

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
I'm feeling fine - just kind of bored, because by government decree, I'm confined to the hotel for the next 7 days.

Michael

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
I've been wondering how many degrees of separation a typical person has from the virus, and how easy is it to skip to level 0.

I don't have it.
I don't know that I know anyone else who has it, or anyone who has been in contact with someone who has it.

How far out does my separation reach? I have no way to know.

Bike
2000 ST1100
I've been wondering how many degrees of separation a typical person has from the virus, and how easy is it to skip to level 0.

I don't have it.
I don't know that I know anyone else who has it, or anyone who has been in contact with someone who has it.

How far out does my separation reach? I have no way to know.
Yep I don't know either but this is the first time in my lifetime there has been a national emergency because of a virus. That included cancellation of all sporting events of any kind and the WHO properly calling it a world wide pandemic. And wholesale commerce worldwide grinding to a halt.

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I'm feeling fine - just kind of bored, because by government decree, I'm confined to the hotel for the next 7 days.

Michael
Does that mean you can't even leave the hotel? Or can you leave and then come back (eg. go for a ride)?
Is there enough staff to at least make it enjoyable (as possible) given the circumstances?

Sheriff41

Chuck
Bike
'05 ST1300A
STOC #

Michael
I know how you feel. I traveled to Europe and to Australia in the last month so the DoD decided to confine me to home quarantine for two weeks to see if any symptoms develop. At least I'm at home and can take care of the honey-do list!

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
So, I have been in direct contact (incl shaking hands) with several Italian people. One of whom had returned from Rome for a day, had a meeting with me, and returned to Rome after the country was locked down.

One person I work with, while the above was all happening, was self isolating because he'd recently returned from Northern Italy just before the lock down.

One of the early cases in the UK, was a guy in a hotel about 3 mins walk from my office, and my commute takes me past the complex where British Wohan holiday makers were/are being "stored."

I figure my degrees of separation is effectively 0, and could only be worse if I were a doctor on the front line.

I'm completely fine. We haven't panic bought a thing.

The wife however, has had a headache for 3 days, and a sore throat for at least two. I feel her forehead about 12000 times an hour - the second she's slightly warm, we'll be on self isolation as a precaution. She's a high school teacher, so it's likely just a random bug she's picked up from the kids. But if she shows a temperature or a cough, it's not worth the risk of her spreading it.

I was hoping last Friday that our government would tell everyone to stay home, partly because it's my last week with that employer, but partly because it saves us having to make the judgement call.

OP
OP
CYYJ

CYYJ

Michael
Bike
None any more.
STOC #
Does that mean you can't even leave the hotel?
Yes, that's how I am interpreting the government directive.... there is precious little information coming from the government here, but I am trying to avoid running afoul of the law.

On Friday, the government published a directive that all people arriving from abroad were obliged to self-quarantine for 14 days. I had already been in the country for 6 days, so I thought I would be exempt - until I read a local news story yesterday about a Tunisian citizen who arrived a week ago and was going about his business when the local cops tossed him in jail for violating the 14 day self-quarantine rule. So now I think it best that I stay in the hotel until I have been in the country 14 days. That milestone will occur next Saturday.

The hotel is not too bad a place to be stuck in, but it's still a jail, if you know what I mean. On the bright side of things, the food is good, the staff are very gracious, there is a spa downstairs and a large pool and ocean to swim in. Internet is free and fast.

Of greater concern to me is what things will be like once my quarantine period is up. All ferries in and out of the country are cancelled until at least April 4, and customs rules forbid me to leave the motorcycle behind when I leave the country.

I'm healthy, the hotel is almost deserted, the country is very thinly populated, and so far, only 13 cases of CV have been reported in Tunisia, with the nearest case over 100 miles away. So I am not too worried at the moment.

We shall see how things develop. Interesting times, for sure.

The Hotel Grounds (not too many people here)
Djerba Hotel.jpg

Gug

Bike
18' Goldwing Tour
I have family and friends across Northern Italy and at this time all are well. Here is a chart to help identify and differentiate symptoms of Covid 19. Simply noted the onset is sudden.Screenshot_20200313-085601_Facebook.jpg

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I haven’t left the house in over a week, which is typical for me, if the weather isn’t fit for a ride. But on my last trip to town for shopping and a haircut, I’m pretty sure I acquired a case of Type A Flu. Very slight fever, headache, and aching all over. Couple of days later, and I’m fine. Same thing happened last year, and Flu was verified by lab, although I had received the shot.

Only 32 cases in the entire state. At that rate, you’re more likely to see a 2-headed calf, than meet someone with the virus.

Why are they telling me to disinfect my phone? I’m the only one that uses it, and it stays in my pocket.

John

Top Bottom