Help with 1300P conversion

I'm converting my 2016 ST1300PA to carry a passenger. I'm planning to cut the 4 extra brackets off the subframe. Does the conversion require a new driver seat? The Ozstoc instructions recommend fully cutting the brackets off which eliminates the attachments for the back of the driver seat. The dealer sold me both seats but the driver seat looks identical to the original P seat.

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
Check these first, yes seat is the same

OP
OP
dustyboots
A 1-piece aftermarket seat is the same but not the factory seat. The OEM P seat has a bracket with a big hole in it that bolts to a cross member connected to the P frame tabs. An OEM civilian seat has a bar underneath it where the passenger seat slides in. The dealer is sending the correct seat now and I had to ship the extra P seat back.

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
A 1-piece aftermarket seat is the same but not the factory seat. The OEM P seat has a bracket with a big hole in it that bolts to a cross member connected to the P frame tabs. An OEM civilian seat has a bar underneath it where the passenger seat slides in. The dealer is sending the correct seat now and I had to ship the extra P seat back.
why not have him send the bracket and you send the P bracket?

OP
OP
dustyboots
why not have him send the bracket and you send the P bracket?
  1. I don't believe the brackets are sold separately from the seat.
  2. Without seeing the 2 seats side-by-side, I don't know how different they are. The brackets may or may not be swappable.
  3. The extra P seat is already outbound with the shipper and the dealer already ordered the civilian seat.

OP
OP
dustyboots
Good news! Finally got the right seat in and completed the Police to civilian conversion. Even added a Givi top box. Installed an led kit in it but couldn't figure out how to wire it into the brake light. Another problem for another day.20210528_174615.jpg

Top Bottom