Help with exhaust problem

OP
OP
the cueball
I've been looking at the various pictures of this mounting point. Am I wrong in seeing that it is a tube with a rubber bushing that allows a 'soft' (call it cushioned) mount for the exhaust system? If this is the case, @the cueball has more of a task than simply welding on a simple steel tab with a hole in it.
I think the rubber bushing etc comes separately.

I purchased brand new hardware to attach the new exhaust, so I have the long bolt, nut, washers and rubber bits which go through the exhaust and frame tabs… I hope anyway!

love your stand, your garage is much to neat and tidy!:)
cheers… :)

OP
OP
the cueball
So just to ‘answer’ this issue in case it happens to someone else, although I can’t imagine that! Lol

I finally managed to get my naked spare frame out from the cellar and have a look at it.

the part in question in indeed welded onto the frame on a hollow bar running across the underside of the bike.

Grinder out and cut it off with as much metal either side as possible in order to transplant it onto my bike….

D2D9D9DA-8DCD-4465-8781-12AA19B34406.jpegC208B548-1359-4C7E-959D-6340B80C4B45.jpeg

OP
OP
the cueball
Slowly getting ready to get this issue sorted.

happy to say that the original bracket hasn’t snapped off completely so I’ll have a bit more of a guide to work with welding on the new/donor one.

43F5C4CC-7B72-41A5-B569-FD0BB5B5DF89.jpeg

OP
OP
the cueball
... looks like it was resting at the bottom of the ocean for quite some time... :oops:
Yeah I believe it was 1 of the rare finds on the Titanic when they found the ship...

Only a bit or surface rust though.. positive thoughts... :D

Top Bottom