Here We Go Again - News From The Holler

Bike
18 Gold Wing
STOC #
Glad to read you're on the road to recovery, Phil. Glad you didn't fall off the ladder while looking for the speedo.

Fali, Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I'm having similar pain , but on the right side, injured in 75 from an endo on a Yamaha dual sport. It's been worked on before but likely to get worse through over time.
Funny but very painful incident happened Sunday a couple weeks ago. I slipped off the tail gate of my truck and landed on a log that we had lined up to split! Long story short after a visit to the Dr. (Xays, MRI, etc.) he prescribed me a medrol dose back to help speed up the healing process of the contusion on my left side. As a side benefit all the pain in my shoulder is gone! However, I am looking for a more flexible tennis racquet strung with a softer poly string; I think most of my irritation stems from my current (young man's) racquet.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Glad the doc was able to sort it out for you - sounds like a good doctor!
I would not wish a joint replacement on anybody but when they wear out you have to do what you have.
I sure hope yours doesn't ever get to that point.

kiltman

Site Supporter
Bike
2002,ST1100ABS
STOC #
Well, I'm ready to ride but the arm ain't quite there yet.
I've still got 2-4 more weeks of therapy before it has enough function to try that.
But with these beautiful days at 60 F, it's awful tempting .... but I know better. :hurt1:
That’s why you should be up here for your recovery….we still have a lot of snow on the ground, no temptation to take the bike out. ;)

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, took a little 1,600+ mile run down to RanchSToc so I reckon I am back in the saddle.
I'm not ready for 'prime time' yet but at least I can ride!
Electronic cruise control made it a lot easier as I could rest my arm for a good while on the slab.

OP
OP
Uncle Phil

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Good to see you at the ranch! Now leave them surgery’s for others for awhile.
That's my plan - but sometimes my 'plan' don't work out.
It's back to the ortho doc Monday so hopefully only a few more weeks with the terrorists therapists! ;)

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Well, took a little 1,600+ mile run down to RanchSToc so I reckon I am back in the saddle.
I'm not ready for 'prime time' yet but at least I can ride!
Electronic cruise control made it a lot easier as I could rest my arm for a good while on the slab.
1600 miles to me = ready for prime time!

Pop-Pop

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST 1100
STOC #
Well, about 2 1/2 weeks ago as I was exercising I felt like I threw another blood clot in my left leg again. The old excruciating leg cramp came back with a vengeance. I was determined to go to OhioSToc anyway and I did and I am glad that I did. Today my vascular doctor confirmed my self diagnosis - the bypass he did back in November has completely closed up (they don't understand why) and looks like I am in store for another leg bypass. This is while being on Eliquis - the 'Lexus' Blood Thinner (you can rent a nice Lexus for what it cost a month). These clots seem to be coming from the aneurysm repair that was done back 2016. In this surgery, they rip your leg open from the bottom of your calf muscle to your groin, remove a vein, flip it around, then hook it around the blockage into the artery. And yes it is as unpleasant as it sounds and not an experience that I really wanted to go through again. ;) So if you are of the praying persuasion, this old tired hillbilly would certainly appreciate your prayers.

Well, that sucks! Best to you friend!

Top Bottom