Honda filed a trademark application for the "NT1100"

"For almost two years, rumors have been circulating about Honda using the engine from the Africa Twin in a new sport-touring motorcycle."

I would most likely go for this, versus a new Gold Wing, if I were to replace the STs.

Last edited:

ST1100Y

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1100Y, ST1100R
STOC #
The final demise of the touring motorcycle...

ST, Deauville, VFR, as well as Crossrunner and Crosstourer are discontinued...
Only the GL is still standing, but not really an option for many...

mello dude

Half genius, half dumazz whackjob foole
The final demise of the touring motorcycle...

ST, Deauville, VFR, as well as Crossrunner and Crosstourer are discontinued...
Only the GL is still standing, but not really an option for many...
Agree with that.. .Euro 5 killed most of the interesting ones..... Although Suzuki comes out with the next generation Hayabusa...

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I haven't ridden one but astride an ST1800 my feet were slightly more planted than my ST1300 with the seat in the middle position. I gather the AT sits rather tall but I'd hope that putting it in touring regalia would mean a lower seat height. Maybe not F6B territory but at least a little lower.

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
We have entered the age where an 1100cc motorcycle is "midsize"? Hmmm. Not impressed. Chain drive and crude pocka pocka engine sounds? Now really not impressed. I've been all over this country on a 1975 BMW 750 that weighed about 500 lbs. Good times those - it was an excellent road companion. I'd be a buyer for a modern 500 lb. long-distance tourer with an enclosed or otherwise low-maintenance drive system; a compliant suspension; sufficient luggage space; enough legroom for a tall arthritic geezer; 300 mile fuel endurance on regular gas; tubeless wheel construction; that doesn't look like it would fall over and die if I sprayed this on it. So far my old rusty dusty retiree money is safe from every motorcycle manufacturer. If they dally too much longer my daily ride is going to be a walker with tennis balls on it.

Yes, they all have that uniform, insectoide design now... wonder how often you'll end up trying your key on the wrong bike...
Or fob. You are sitting on the insectoid trying to start it and the owner strolls up.

Bike
2000 ST1100
Yeah, these motorcycle manufacturers need to fill the full body work smooth engine segment of sport touring. If they banzai the FJR 1300 is only the RT1250 left? I know they make the Concours but I'd never buy one.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
I got tired of waiting on Honda and just purchased a Tracer GT with 3,800 km on it. Looking forward to riding a 500 lb bike vs. a 750 lb one.
Yes, they all have that uniform, insectoide design now... wonder how often you'll end up trying your key on the wrong bike...
Another without the "insectoid" design, is the BMW F800GT. Unlike the new "touring" bikes, it actually has a full fairing. Wet weight is 470 lbs...probably weighs another 15-20 lbs more with side cases.

Not quite as much power as the Tracer GT, but the Michigan State Police clocked it at 139 mph when testing it to be one of their police bikes. So it isn't underpowered. Unlike a lot of "touring" bikes today, it has no chain. It uses a belt drive. No maintenance. Mine lasted me 53,000 miles.

I've taken mine over 65,000 miles across the western USA and Canada, so it can definitely tour. And I've never wished for another bike. At the new MSRP, it was pricey, but as a used bike...it's a steal.

Chris

Top Bottom