Honda filed a trademark application for the "NT1100"

catcher

Site Supporter
Bike
'18Wing, '16VFR1200X
just purchased a Tracer GT
First, congrats on the new ride!
As for all the chatter about this that, and the other model, I must mention the old adage that variety is the spice of life! And we're certainly fortunate to have so much choice.
Brand loyalty is occasionally mentioned, but more often in a negative sense, than positive. Nevertheless, my first love has always been Honda, and still is. As for the concept of a lighter bike being advantageous, that's certainly true on the track, but the weight of my '18 Goldwing gives it stability on an uneven road surface, and even in my crushed stone driveway, I have no problem turning it around. (except in winter,lol)
Now back to the variety thing, if three good friends registered a business, and each bought two bikes registered and insured to the business with fleet insurance, wouldn't that provide a good variety opportunity?

OP
OP
I think Honda was trying to react to the bagger craze at the time to grab some of that market when they released the Goldwing F6B, CTX1300 and CTX700. I don't think they were too successful though.
It's because "it had no soul" (what a lot of folks said about it) ... I've stood next to one - couldn't tell if it was running or not (it was)

The Cheese

Not to mention the only set of luggage in motorcycling where you can open the sidecases and wave at someone on the other side.
Also the only luggage that liked to open itself and dump contents onto the road. A flaw on an otherwise good bike. Sometimes I still think I should buy one.

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
Also the only luggage that liked to open itself and dump contents onto the road. A flaw on an otherwise good bike. Sometimes I still think I should buy one.
Au contraire mon fromage! BMW perfected both the self-opening and self-ejecting luggage in the 1970's.

The Fast Boys always used color coordinated nylon straps to hold them on and closed.

The Poverty Riders used bungee cords (the same color as the cases in order to minimize the embarrassment).

bdalameda

PaleoCyclist
Bike
Africa Twin
I read that Honda has done extensive research (we could have saved them a lot of money) that showed that new riders who bought a smaller Honda, like a Rebel, and then became more proficient riders, would change brands to find a more suitable bike to move up to, because Honda was not offering them anything between the Rebel and a Goldwing, other than some Sportbikes and Africa Twins. Many don't want an adventure bike. This is why they introduced the new Rebel 1100 and now are moving toward the N1100 to fill the gap. I own a Africa Twin and love it and I think a more street oriented Africa Twin type bike would be great. Nice and light, good handling a fantastic powerband and a DCT if you so desire - I think it will be a great bike and will appeal to the typical buyer looking at the Yamaha Tracer type bikes etc.

Last edited:

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Additional NT1100 rumor seen in Cycle World yesterday. Maybe a 2022 model released in October?

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Chain drive is a deal breaker for me.
Yeah, well... you're just spoiled.
Like me.
This ST is the first shaftie I've ever owned, because they're typically cost-prohibitive.
(OK, I know we can still find some decent late-70s / early-80s Suzuki GS's. And others. But we're talking about bonafide touring rigs, mostly.)

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Not only the chain, but if those renderings of its possible appearance are anywhere near correct, no suitable weather/wind protection, uncomfortable looking seat, too tall . . . . and that "insectoide look" that Martin alluded to before, in much of Honda's styling.

Not interested, so far.

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
I too hope it would come with shaft drive, but I also hoped Ma Honda would take the VFR1200 driveline and make an ST1300 replacement. Missed opportunity if you ask me (but they didn't!)

I did enjoy the test ride I took on the ATAS; love the motor! But I can't bring myself to buy an "Adventure" bike to use for Sport-Touring. If the NT1100 becomes a thing, with a power windshield, heated grips, cruise and other electronic aids, and not break the bank, it would be hard for me to say no. Wife might say no, but...

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Additional NT1100 rumor seen in Cycle World yesterday. Maybe a 2022 model released in October?

From the article, "Japanese rumors, initially calling the bike “CB1100X,” suggest a road-going machine with a slightly tall stance, "
I call Blasphemy, and I object!
Is there no respect nor regard left, for one of Honda's BEST all-round street bikes, ever?
I'm talking about the gone-too-soon, silky-smooth, stupid-quick, comfortable-in-stock-livery, and damned-good-looking, CBR1100XX. We all know it as the Blackbird, introduced to slay the Kaw ZX-11, which led to the introduction of Suzuki's Hayabusa (1300cc) to in turn, knock off the XX as top-speed king.
Sadly, I'm watching used Blackbird prices stepping up again...

Top Bottom