Honda filed a trademark application for the "NT1100"

Tedbrogden

Site Supporter
Bike
2020 Versys 1000LT
2024 Miles
I tried the Tracer and didn't care for it. Purchased a new 2020 Versys 1000 and are really happy with it.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
Sort of like this?

1629494708757.png

800cc's. Belt drive. Superb handling. Top speed of 139 mph (measured by the Michigan State Police). Excellent reliability.

Chris

Reactions: Djc
Sort of like this?

1629494708757.png

800cc's. Belt drive. Superb handling. Top speed of 139 mph (measured by the Michigan State Police). Excellent reliability.

Chris
That looks ok, Not fond of BMW. Looks more sport than touring, although I hear they are comfortable.

Bike
F900 XR
2024 Miles
You might find it does both "sport" and "touring" just fine. That's not a picture of mine, but it is the same colour. I put 15,000 miles on mine last summer, and I'm well on my way to doing the same this year. I'll be well over 80K total on the bike with no issues by the end of the year.

As for being "Not fond of BMW", I understand. I didn't buy it for the name. I bought it because it was less than 1000 ccs, had a fairing, though I felt it was rather minimal just looking at it. It didn't have a shaft drive, but a belt drive was a close second to that. I came to find the bike is remarkably steady in cross-winds and freeway turbulence. It's pretty easy to ride cross-state...or states. On my post-retirement ride, I went with a guy who had a Goldwing to Utah. We'd get to the hotel at the end of the day and he'd collapse for an hour on the bed. I'd unpack my gear and go off riding to some trail head to go hiking. To put things in perspective Sparky...I'm 20 years older than you are.

The fairing is just enough...and no more. Behind it, I'm out of the wind and cold. Move my hand from the side of my leg about an inch...and the hand is in the windstream. I've grown to appreciate the thought that went into the bike.

My point in all this, is instead of moaning and bewailing the fact that Honda hasn't given us a new sport touring bike that meets our specs...maybe we should look to see what else is out there. You might be surprised.

Oh...btw...it only weighs 470 lbs wet. :D

See you at WESTOC!

Chris

Top Bottom