Honda Interceptor

Bike
05' ST
I am selling a '05 ST after buying a '06 VFR.As stated the bike is a hoot,most fun I've had in a long time.It has stock bars and a Puig windshield.Pretty decent coverage and the comfort level is surprising.Downside,looks like I'll be hitting the tire store more often.

Bike
St1300
I have a 99VFR and 06ST-also had a 96 VFR and 99 Blackbird. No comparison in comfort between the VFR and ST. VFR with Sargent seat and helibars is a comfortable sport bike. The ST is just comfortable period. VFR has much higher pegs and lower bars. VFR gets about 46mpg and ST gets slightly more. VFR sound is intoxicating(with Staintune), handling/ride-excellent with Racetech fork and Penske shock, power is ample. The Blackbird is similar to the VFR except MUCH more power, and the pegs are even higher. Would still have that bike if it wasn't crashed out from under me. As I get older, the ST is a great all around mount, great handling for it's size and weight, and super comfortable. Just wish it had an engne more like the Blackbird or VFR.

Bike
GL1800
I am selling a '05 ST after buying a '06 VFR.As stated the bike is a hoot,most fun I've had in a long time.It has stock bars and a Puig windshield.Pretty decent coverage and the comfort level is surprising.Downside,looks like I'll be hitting the tire store more often.
I run just sport touring tires on my 99. Now the best mileage I have ever had on the 180 rear is almost 7K on a Duny Roadsmart. I have had as low as 4 with the most making about 5K miles. The best front mileage is about 8k but my most recent Bridgestones and Dunlops have basically logged equal miles on the front and rear.

Now of course other folks record better miles but but but.............it is what it is!:bow1: Your mileage may vary ...for sure!

BTW there are great deals on leftover/new 6th gen RWB VFRs from 2007 now. Better in some ways than the 5th gen with factory hardbag option, better lights, maybe an improved OEM suspension and an ABS option. But there are some guys who do not like the VTec or the lack of gear driven cams as well as a few more road hugging pounds. There is no substantive engine performance improvement with the newer 800 model (2002-2009). A great VFR bike too and I may even get one!

Bike
GL1800
The variable cyclinder stuff is not there now for the VFR1200. THe range is much less than the 800 VFRs....lucky to get 200. Uses more gas and has a smaller tank AND AND and it has 150 HP or so!!!!!

Edit to add: The best I have ever had on my 800 is 245 miles to a tank .....loaded on tour....maybe could have got 265 out of her as I remember.

Bike
2013 Triumph Trophy
I've become curious about the new VFR1200. Shaft driven (ala ST) and the new engine can drop two cylinders while cruising to increase mileage. I'm hoping that the lighter weight of the bike with the cylinder dropping might increase the range-per-tank on the bike to be more on par with the ST. It's kind of weird, I guess, how I judge vehicles by having a range of better than 300 miles on a single tank of gas? But, it strongly reflects on what I want to do when riding.

By comparison, my PS250 can get me at most as far as 220 miles before I'm running on fumes. That's great for short day rides, but I'm looking to branch out and do some riding that takes me further afield and cross country.
The VFR 1200 doesn't have the cylinder dropping system.

Top Bottom