How do i treat my black plastic?

Bike
ST and K1600
While living in Florida and owning a boat, I learned about "Solution Finish" for restoring oxidized black plastic and rubber trim. Check out youtube videos. After using it with success on my boat, I now use it on my car and the ST. It makes black plastic look new again.

Bike
st1300 vfr800
I use the stuff from NAPA that is silicone free ,lasts a few months and makes things shiny and black again .

Bike
Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
It's looking dried out and dirty I wonder what I can use to refresh it a bit? My form of farcle!
The best approach is to use a heat gun on the plastics. I had several pieces on my 95 ST1100 as well as my Volvo V70XC plastics that were bleached from the good old Arizona sun and they came out looking almost new. I learned this from a YouTube video a few years ago and it actually worked.

Bike
91 ST1100
plastic is made from oil. You can use any oil to freshen it up. Try ATF it will work the same way.
I remember seeing my dad use that on the vinyl wood grain on the side of his mercury station wagon.
But he was a transmission man so...it made sense.

Bike
ST1300
I use an STP product called 'Son of a Gun' protectant. Bought a gallon of the stuff 15 years ago and still have some left. I usually have to do it every 2nd year. Works well and doesn't seem to attract dust. Cheers, Ed
I use the same stuff!! i got a big spray bottle back in the day and it seems to hold up the longest

Top Bottom