How do you 'repressurize' break fluid after a full drain? (Just replaced SMC).

OP
OP
Straight into the jar is how you'd normally use it.
Straight into the jar. It's a one-way valve. When you squeeze the brake lever, the brake fluid can flow out but air cannot flow back in. Super simple. So instead of using a vacuum pump to suck, I use the brake handle and the brake foot pedal to pump. There is a procedure that you need to follow because there are multiple paths that brake fluid can take. There are many articles here that describe the process for bleeding but that tool will make it simple.

Straight into the jar is how you'd normally use it.
Cheers. I have a failed SMC (started pissing fluid out on a recent trip) so I'm replacing it with a new one. I intend to use propper plastic hose clamps to stop as much fluid leaking out as possible, but there will be air in the system. I have found some very, very useful information on here about how the SMC works, how to fit it and how to bleed afterwards.

OP
OP
Cheers. I have a failed SMC (started pissing fluid out on a recent trip) so I'm replacing it with a new one. I intend to use propper plastic hose clamps to stop as much fluid leaking out as possible, but there will be air in the system. I have found some very, very useful information on here about how the SMC works, how to fit it and how to bleed afterwards.
Good luck Barry. It's easy. And it presents a perfect opportunity to replace the fluid in your system with good, clean, dry fluid since you have to bleed the system anyway. Then you won't have to touch it for another year or so.

Good luck Barry. It's easy. And it presents a perfect opportunity to replace the fluid in your system with good, clean, dry fluid since you have to bleed the system anyway. Then you won't have to touch it for another year or so.
Indeed, I intend to change the fluid. I have already started by flushing some clean fluid therough the SMC perior to changing it.

Top Bottom