How I serviced the bike

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Says me, if it's 2024 it must be time for me to service the old RS...

Tom

I know you were not a fan of the TFT screen... I'm curious what you think after you have some time with it. I really like the one on the RT, as I've said before.

TPadden

Tom Padden
I know you were not a fan of the TFT screen... I'm curious what you think after you have some time with it. I really like the one on the RT, as I've said before.
My V4S Multistrada had already changed my mind, and frankly Ducati does a MUCH better job. The RS integrates the separate GPS Nav with the wonder wheel without interfering with the panel. I like the BMW panel and switching integration almost as much as the Ducati; the Duc also has lit switch buttons. :)

Tom

Ps TFT is a misnomer with BMW as the older non-panel/ non-programable screens are also TFT-LCD and very visible in direct sunlight. ;)

Last edited:

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
the Duc also has lit switch buttons
@Mellow all the rage Joe.

My V4S Multistrada had already changed my mind, and frankly Ducati does a MUCH better job. The RS integrates the separate GPS Nav with the wonder wheel without interfering with the panel. I like the BMW panel and switching integration almost as much as the Ducati; the Duc also has lit switch buttons. :)

Tom

Ps TFT is a misnomer with BMW as the older non-panel/ non-programable screens are also TFT-LCD and very visible in direct sunlight. ;)

That looks like the bike is next to your living room... You are my hero Tom.

Bike
R1200rt
Nope, even better. I built the garage with a workout/ tv rec room.

Tom
That's what I like about you Tom, always thinking ahead. When you can't ride any more you can turn that into your sevant quarters. :rofl1: Or do you have one of those too? :crackup:

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Your's is a vast improvement over stock BMW -- hunt and peck. :)

Tom
As a former MSF RiderCoach, and an unapologetic moto-enthusiast, I've always believed riders should know their bikes well enough to be able to manage all the controls without looking. (Kinda like being a touch-typist / keyboardist, only ya don't die if you can't find the ANY key.)
However, I HAVE found myself challenged (a little less so now with time) learning all the buttons, switches, WonderWheel and connectivity options on my GSA. Riding back from CA in the dark, I actually did find myself wishing for backlit buttons on the handlebars, but I'll get over it.
Won't surprise me if BMW adds this functionality to upcoming models.
Will's prototype switch pod looks quite good, I'll be interested in his progress.

Bike
R1200rt
As a former MSF RiderCoach, and an unapologetic moto-enthusiast, I've always believed riders should know their bikes well enough to be able to manage all the controls without looking. (Kinda like being a touch-typist / keyboardist, only ya don't die if you can't find the ANY key.)
Yea back when you had only a hi beam and horn to find.

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
As an unapologetic moto-enthusiast, I've always believed if you can do that you don't have enough motorcycles... ;)

Tom
I'd like to find myself with that problem.
At the moment, my bigger problem is garage space to add more of them. Some things just take time.

Yea back when you had only a hi beam and horn to find.
What I DO know is this:
If you're still looking for the kickstarter on a modern bike, you're wasting time. Better find that Owners Manual, quick.

Top Bottom