How many of us have heard "I'd ride more with you if"?

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I borrowed a 2015 Goldwing for a few days and this afternoon we took a 60 mile ride to see if she liked it and she said it was great. I have read many threads here where the wife says that she would ride more on a back seat like this. It's definitely a better two up bike than the ST but I don't think I'm ready to give up the ST for what might be a fleeting fancy. Maybe next time I'll borrow a 2018 DCT and see how that goes.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I've heard it too... only because she was on her ST at the time it was "if you slow down just little"... :D

Bike
2007 GL1800
STOC #
My riding partner doesn't have that issue. She would ride with me on any bike I had, as long as she was comfortable. Now, to be fair, I did end up getting a Russell Day Long for the ST. We both love it. In deference to her age, she's in her middle 70's now, I got a '07 Goldwing this last summer. She finds it much easier to get on and off, compared to the ST. I still love my ST, but I see myself using the Goldwing more and more. :slv13: :cbcgw1:

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
I never hear that. my riding apparel may have something to do with it:

IMG_3195_opt.jpg

Bike
03 ST1300A
STOC #
My wife has mentioned getting a 'Wing. I've borrowed my brother's '05 a few times and she likes it a lot, but with her health issues, it would be few and far between when she'd be up for a ride, and I don't like the 'Wing enough to have it sit around. maybe one of the new Wings, but I'm not sure she'd be as comfy, but since I can't afford one, the point is moot.

Thinking its time to get out of the 2-wheel game all together.

Bike
07 ST1300
At a local gathering a guy was showing me around his brand new gold wing tour. Wow..Then he started it and I REALLY wanted one.
I would not take my wife for a ride on any wing though. It might spoil her for the ST and that's why I have the ST. Trading it for a wing would seriously crowd my garage space.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Thinking its time to get out of the 2-wheel game all together.
Are you able to ride much now? Going to 3 (or even 4) wheels is not uncommon for many and for different reasons. What has you thinking this way?

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
My wife said something like that... many many years ago. I had my Vulcan and she got a test ride on the pillion of my brother in law's Gold Wing. That's when she said she could ride like that.
So I bought a Gold Wing. She rode with me for a great many rides... around town, to the farmers market, to shops and stores, and three or four times for a 2+ hour ride. Once we even went camping together. That was a first time and last time. After that she lost interest in the back seat and was happy riding around locally on her Honda Metropolitan. For the last 8 years she has decided she doesn't like riding with me all that much any more. So my ST and now CTX bike purchases were without any input from her. Toying with the idea of converting the pillion to a smuggler.

Bike
03 ST1300A
STOC #
Are you able to ride much now? Going to 3 (or even 4) wheels is not uncommon for many and for different reasons. What has you thinking this way?
At the moment, I'm down to my daily commute - about 15 miles one way. That's it. And if I need to do the shopping, take her to any appointments, or rainy days, then I don't ride. Her health is such that leaving her alone for long periods isn't much of an option.

Bike
2010 Honda ST13
Her health is such that leaving her alone for long periods isn't much of an option.
Sorry to hear that. Of course you know what's best for you, but if it was me, I think I'd miss even that short commute. And I do take my ST to go shopping if I know I'm picking up just a few things. I've picked up molding, pizza, something to put on the grill for dinner and once (I don't recommend it) 5 gallons of paint.

Bike
2018 GL1800 DCT Tour
Dave I think you are in trouble. Second post with your wife and a GW in a couple months. You gonna have your new wing and Brenda at the BRG? :D

If my bike moves Linda wants to be on it. Says it's more important that I am happy with whatever bike I have than her. That being said, since we rode the new wing I haven't heard the end of it and not looking like I'm going to any time soon. I have to admit I like it a lot too.

Bike
1991 ST1100
Regrettably, the only way my wife would ride is if I had a bike... with four wheels, and fully enclosed. We tried out a slingshot once, and even that was a no go. She doesn't even like convertibles.

I regret we can't share riding, but sometimes it's also nice that riding is "my thing"...

OP
OP
dduelin

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Dave I think you are in trouble. Second post with your wife and a GW in a couple months...... :D

If my bike moves Linda wants to be on it. Says it's more important that I am happy with whatever bike I have than her. That being said, since we rode the new wing I haven't heard the end of it and not looking like I'm going to any time soon. I have to admit I like it a lot too.
Ha Ha as in nervous laughter. You may be right.

Bike
03 ST1300A
STOC #
It may not be best, but it what I think needs to be. She tells me to ride more, but then has issues when I'm just down the road helping my brother for a few hours. Probably going to pick up a sand rail or something like that to fill in the gap.

Top Bottom