How many of us have heard "I'd ride more with you if"?

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
Guess I’m one of the lucky ones. My wife rode her own Gold Wing along side me on my Gold Wing. Over the period of riding years, she had 5 Gold Wings and I had 7. We also enjoyed many miles on ST’s. She had 3 different ones and I had 4.

Sorry to say that our great 38 years of riding together on separate bikes came to an abrupt end when I got totaled out from behind. She said she couldn’t feel safe anymore. After a year of recovery, I still continue to ride with a sad face.

OP
OP
dduelin

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Today I demoed a 2006 Wing. A white one in very good shape, 63K one owner miles, and went for a 50 mile ride after dinner. We like white cars and have had a bunch. If anything this one rides nicer than the 18,000 mile 2015 we tried last weekend. The '06's fluids are clean and fresh. The suspension is more compliant and it's quieter over bumps. I like the Russell seat and the standard pegs don't touch down as soon as the foot boards of the '15 did - I like that too. Brenda couldn't tell a difference between the two bikes except the '06 does not have the swing-out pillion arm rests and "you seemed to lean it over more on that curvy road than the other one". The 10 grand difference in asking price could easily cover a set of the arm rests.

Bike
2004 Honda ST1300ABS
STOC #
Re: How many of us have heard "I'd ride more with you if"?

I heard that when riding 2 up with my wife on my F4i. . .the ST fixed that[emoji16] more room for her to move around on the ST and more comfortable seat. I have a Corbin 2 piece seat on my F4i. . . It was pretty firm, but better than the stock seat. Put around 16,000 miles on the Corbin. . My wife only ride about 3,000 Mike's of that with me. She ridden over 10,000 Mike's with me on the ST and had zero complaints about the comfort. . . Longest trip together so far was 6 hours riding time. . .

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom