Howard Steiger has hit 100k this year

Shuey

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300 ES, 2018
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Averaging 281 miles per day . . . awesome. I hope there were smiles in every mile!

100,000 / 40 mpg = 2,500 gallons of fuel. The Energizer bunny hasn't got a thing on Howard.

I look forward to seeing how many more miles get added between now and the end of the year. Go Howard, go!

Shuey

Fortunet 1

Fortunet1
Bike
06 ST 1300
Does he have a home life, a wife, and kids ? If so they must sure miss him being gone that much. lol:shrug2:
That being said........ Hurray for grinding down the road so much Howard !!

:toot1:

I thought Howard Steiger was a baseball player at first . lol

Bike
ST1300A
STOC #
Is he in some kind of mobile witness protection system?

I'm picturing him as Buster Keaton the marathon runner in A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Fourm:D

Mike:03biker:

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
I am amazed, that is one continuous Iron Butt...... it would take me near ten years to cover that given my current annual miles.... mind you I am not retired and the fuel cost would bankrupt me over here......

Well done Sir.:yr1:

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Howard, simply incredible from my point of view! Congrats on a fantasic year! :1st:

Would love to hear your point of view and how you managed that, what it requires of you and family, how you manage the bike servicing & tires, and what it is that compells you. Do you have days that you'd rather not ride?
:)

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I agree Bob:
Go, Howard, Go!

I was talking to Howard at Death Valley STOC (where he showed up to say hello on his way or on his way back to/from Florida); this isn't his 1st 100,000k year.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
Howard has long been a riding fool. He goes where and when he wants. Sharon used to ride right beside him but she's no longer able.

Last time I saw Howard he had just returned from FL to have his 2012 'Wing triked.

Howard, we missed you at Christmas STOCing last week. Congrats on the 100K.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
A little hiSTory: Howard Steiger and Sharon where HSTA state directors in Minnesota. Moved to Pahrump, NV when he retired from 3M. Worked on contract for Bosch for several years as a tech. and trade show rep. Rode his bike to many of those gigs, or would be out on a ride to anywhere. If he got a call, he would park the bike and jump on a plane. His "office" was his cell phone. :D

Since fully retired, he now rides as he pleases, loooooooong miles.

As I understand it, Sharon no longer rides but she used to be right beside him on her own bike. When I met them many years ago, they were riding identical ST1100s with MN plates: HIS ST and HER ST. :D

Howard shows up at many AZ and CA RTEs just 'cause he can. Good guy all 'round.

Bike
2006 ST1300
That is truly awesome! I could only dream of being able to do that!!! Time and money (mostly money) would be my barrier. Good for him to be able to enjoy what he likes to do!!!

Top Bottom