HP4M - will it cause a problem?

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
And being in the camp if I have used it for over 500,000 miles in various bikes with no issues, I still choose to keep using what works for me.
As I wrote earlier Larry, the proof is in the pudding. You are happy with what you use and nothing has blown up so far, so, as the expression goes, carry on.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
In your own words Dave…..it’s in English on the front of the bottle. And on the back, Gasoline engines.
Dang, you better call Valvoline and straighten them out, because they still market and make oil for gas engines as well as diesel :rofl1:
I wasn’t speaking to entire product lines of Shell or Valvoline no longer selling dual purpose oils, only for Honda. I'm sure Shell and Valvoline still sell oils rated for both diesel & gasoline engines but I wasn't talking about any but those in this thread and the two labels in this thread and oils in general that will meet Honda's recommendation.

Any oil in question if meeting Honda’s current recommendations will have API SG or higher on the product bottle/jug/drum labeling. If it only has API certs starting with C coupled with none starting with S then it’s not approved for gasoline engine use. The labels in this thread illustrate this and there are only two label pictures in this thread.

I emphasize if anyone feels the need to deviate from Honda's recommendations you are free to do so, just don't pick an oil and say it meets Honda's recommendations when it clearly doesn't.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I wasn’t speaking to entire product lines of Shell or Valvoline no longer selling dual purpose oils, only for Honda. I'm sure Shell and Valvoline still sell oils rated for both diesel & gasoline engines but I wasn't talking about any but those in this thread and the two labels in this thread and oils in general that will meet Honda's recommendation.

Any oil in question if meeting Honda’s current recommendations will have API SG or higher on the product bottle/jug/drum labeling. If it only has API certs starting with C coupled with none starting with S then it’s not approved for gasoline engine use. The labels in this thread illustrate this and there are only two label pictures in this thread.

I emphasize if anyone feels the need to deviate from Honda's recommendations you are free to do so, just don't pick an oil and say it meets Honda's recommendations when it clearly doesn't.
So does this mean that your beloved Honda oil does not meet Honda’s recommendations since it’s re-branded oil, made by someone else, and does not even have the API Certification on the bottle anywhere?
:rofl1:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
You know something……after a couple hours of surfing on a vintage long board, and drinking beer, and eating fish tacos, on a beautiful beach in Maui, I don’t even care if my bike has any oil in it :rofl1:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
You know something……after a couple hours of surfing on a vintage long board, and drinking beer, and eating fish tacos, on a beautiful beach in Maui, I don’t even care if my bike has any oil in it :rofl1:
It sounds like you need lessons on vacationing.
That is the attitude that you were supposed to have adopted last Saturday- surf boards, not forum boards.
Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

P.S. You must be really good at using that phone behind your wife's back by now.

Top Bottom