I’m splitting this clam bake. See ya soon Boston!

Hahahaha oxymoron, glad you had a great first day.
Great looking ST, I have the same yellow lights, LOVE THEM really gets the box drivers eye. Be safe, have fun
It was a very good first day! Ill b in bed soon! By the way, i bought a 15 deg down agnes, and a 30” klymit static v insulated pad!
757243B4-5619-4604-B3B9-382BC61BA890.jpeg

Following along. Wishing you good weather and safe travels.

IINM, your tankbag is a 4 point, and sloped/slanted. I recommend you simply rotate it 180° so the front of it is now higher than the rear. Makes reading the map easier. BTDT with my waterproof Wolfman bag many, many miles ago.

John

Last edited:
Following along. Wishing you good weather and safe travels.

IINM, your tankbag is a 4 point, and sloped/slanted. I recommend you simply rotate it 180° so the front of it is now higher than the rear. Makes reading the map easier. BTDT with my waterproof Wolfman bag many, many miles ago.

John

Thanks. I tried that and got a lot of sun glare, and i dont wear sunglasses. But, because you suggested it, ill experiment. Rhis thing could b pointed sideways and ill still love it! Every bike needs a junk drawer!

Who is the manufacture and what is the model of your fork mounted lights (yellow ones) as they look like they would be a good addition, and they look smaller than what I have seen others use.

I didnt hook the whites up to the high beams. Its too muck for the cars in front of me. Plus, i dont ride at night. Entered ohio. Gas dropped over a dollar a gallon to $3.35. Speed limit went up to 70 mph and the roads dried. Of course, im obeying every law!
These last 100 miles have been hard. Second day on the road and little sleep last night. Found a camp about 45 mi from here, just a tad off route. $18. Gonna go and hope for sleep tonight. The bag and pad were great. Found a few life stressors i couldnt stop thinking about. All is well. Its nice to be back on the road. Will b just outside chicago tomorrow and sleeping in a cheap motel. Then on to getting my kicks!

your tankbag is a 4 point, and sloped/slanted. I recommend you simply rotate it 180°
I tried that and got a lot of sun glare, and i dont wear sunglasses. But, because you suggested it, ill experiment
Hmm…. the map pocket on the Wolfman is excellent, I have not noticed glare except in very rare circumstances. I am short though, was 66” at one time, then less, and now back up to 65” after some donor bone during cervical fusions. Might make a difference, dunno.

Here I am heading to a week of canoeing and fishing in the BWCAW at the MN/ON border.

4626CFE7-F74A-4EF1-B59C-F0EC70266E60.jpeg

Hmm…. the map pocket on the Wolfman is excellent, I have not noticed glare except in very rare circumstances. I am short though, was 66” at one time, then less, and now back up to 65” after some donor bone during cervical fusions. Might make a difference, dunno.

Here I am heading to a week of canoeing and fishing in the BWCAW at the MN/ON border.

View attachment 298135
There you go! Ill be just outside of chicago tomorrow getting ready for the morning start at rt 66

Back
Top Bottom