I’m splitting this clam bake. See ya soon Boston!

Went to bed last night at sunset. Woke up at 1:00 am,thinking it was around 4:00 am. Doscovered i was wrong, went back to bed and slept like the dead. Woke up sleep stoned. Maybe i caught up a little. Im in a motel about 35 mi from the chicago beginning of rt 66. Hope for a early start so i miss some of the rush hour traffic. Hope to stay off the interstates except where required.
Good pics coming soon!

I have no idea where i am! Its a hanbit of mine! About 125 from st louis. I think!
Yep I bet thats where you are at. US 55 south. about 125 miles to ST louis. You'll pass Springfield in about 10 to 15 miles. See we should have cordinated a little better cause I'd bought you a proper breakfast.

Rt 66 has been elusive to me as i try to understand this butler map. But, just past st louis, i see some nice rt 66 loops. I see a low mileage day today, which will b a nice change. Ive been averaging well over 350 mi per day getting here, which is more than i usually do.
Where i have had great success is camping and money. Ive camped three out of four nights, saved a ton of cha ching, and have loved it. I miss the stars when im in boston.
This is turning into a nice little ride about! I hope the heat lets up a bit.

The problem is a lot of Route 66 got 'eaten' by I40 as you head west.
IMHO now anywhere there might be a 'segment' the locals want to cash in on it. ;)
Ill keep to the general direction and figure things out along the way. You know how i roll. I could change where i want to go before i finish my coffee!
Next stop? Wallmart!

Back
Top Bottom