I guess I’m a scooter nerd now??

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
There was a guy who lived in Katy that rode a Burgman, he was always dressed head to toe in "pirate" gear. I would usually see him on my way home from work... he'd give me the wave, I'd nod back at him. He'd have stuff strapped on the back of that thing all the time... it was his UTV.

Bike
09 ST1300A
I saw Scootac’s Burgman for sale in the Classifieds- I had one in mind for the Mrs. some time ago (a white one) but she changed her mind (I like Scootac’s Burgman but I don’t have to time right now to go to PA and ride it home). Fast forward to now with impending more expensive fuel (predictions for $10/gal which I hope NEVER happens as that will likely crash the economy, but I digress…) and I see on CycleTrader a Honda SilverWing (a 2003) with 4800 miles on it- the prior owner is older with what he described as impaired equilibrium, so he feels he can’t ride safely any longer. By the way, it’s in Conway, SC, just about 30 minutes from my home.

It was $3750 on Cycle Trader, but just today, he lowered the price to $3250 (was offered $3K by 3 other people but I guess he felt it was too low an offer)-I looked at it, rode it briefly on his street (no helmet or gear which I NEVER do but it was a fairly brief ride), and although it’s much different than an ST, I did like it- it needs really nothing and only has 2 small cracks in the plastics (and if that bothers me enough and it really doesn’t, I can contact Bryan Dwight of BDsCycles to get them fixed).

I may be considering it for daily driver duty on good days when it’s less likely to rain, again, due to the climbing gas prices- I’m trying to convince the wife to get her permit so she can ride with me (I will NOT be selling the STs). Now I just have to figure out some space in the garage.

Here’s some pics:

A2154BB2-BF00-4EFD-BD34-9B56BE0DCD0B.pngD832DE11-A5F8-46BC-9C4B-98FE701A70CA.jpeg

99B34431-56A5-429B-877D-C0F822A5677D.jpeg

Joe, thanks for moving this to the proper area - sorry…
Wow that’s a nice scoot- what’s the engine size and wheels diameter

OP
OP
Erdoc48

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
14 up front, 13 in the back, and 582cc. Decently quick, but not faster like an ST. It’s like riding in an office chair (effortless). Fun but not quite as engaging as a motorcycle. Nice for a long cruise where you just want to sit back and relax.

Top Bottom