I should probably know this - paint color question.

Odie1

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
Hello All,

As the title says, I should know this, and have probably seen it in the past, but for the life of me cannot find it again. Tired several searches and coming up empty...

I know the color code for the bodywork is on a sticker, under the seat, but what color are the wheels?

I have a 1996 in "candy glory red", with the standard "gray-ish" wheels, but cannot seem to stumble upon what exact color they are.

I am about to replace the front tire, and figured while I had everything off, the front wheel could sure use a good cleaning and paint.

Was hoping there is a standard color available in a rattle can from someone.

Thanks

Odie1

Sunday Rider

Site Supporter
Bike
1997 ST1100
STOC #
Hello All,

As the title says, I should know this, and have probably seen it in the past, but for the life of me cannot find it again. Tired several searches and coming up empty...

I know the color code for the bodywork is on a sticker, under the seat, but what color are the wheels?

I have a 1996 in "candy glory red", with the standard "gray-ish" wheels, but cannot seem to stumble upon what exact color they are.

I am about to replace the front tire, and figured while I had everything off, the front wheel could sure use a good cleaning and paint.

Was hoping there is a standard color available in a rattle can from someone.

Thanks

Odie1
Here is what I found on ST-Rider.net

You can touch up the gray wheels using plasti-kote® Toyota #3237 (Toyota paint code 1B2), a perfect match (thanks, Rob Parker), or SF GM 435, a "pretty close" match, though a bit light. Wal-Mart in my area has a smaller selection of the plasti-kote® touch-up paints. Their closest match is plasti-kote® Dark Gray Metallic, VTU-87 for a one-ounce bottle, VP-87 for an eleven-ounce aerosol can. However, I haven't tried this one, but the paint sample chip looks like a good match.

The corresponding Dupli-Color® products for the Toyota paint code 1B2 are TY01605 for the 1/2 ounce touch up Scratch Fix and 8801605 for the 5 ounce spray can.(Thanks, Mark Machin.)

By the way the ‘96 is a Pure Red Pearl.

OP
OP

Odie1

Site Supporter
Bike
1996 ST1100
STOC #
Yes - thanks....Pure Pearl Red.... geeze.... ..now, what was I asking for? :)

Thanks for the info and the link Sunday and John...

Odie1

Top Bottom