Igofar Reviews

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Your experience closely mirrors my own (except i was waved off the SMC rebuild kit before I bought it), and I daresay, that of many of us here, when new to the peculiarities of this ST1300 and our LBS.
Agree that Larry is a peach of a guy, and a treasured asset to ST owners, New and old alike.
Very glad your brakes can now inspire confidence, rather than dread.

Bike
‘06 ST1300
Well, I owe. And I’m stubborn. I would have exhausted hours of brain drain trying to troubleshoot that flashing ABS light. The forums told me how to get the failure code (fuse M1, M3, wait 5 seconds but not 9, read the number of flashes). Nope. No code flashes. Just a glaring solid red light seemingly insisting that I was too dumb to even follow those simple instructions! Tried M1 not M3, M3 not M1, M1&M3, neither M1 norM3, kickstand up, down, turned bike to align with true north. Finally after one last try under a full moon on the third Thursday of the third month, I gave up and resorted to something I had never done before. I became a poster on the forum.
Within a few hours I had helpful suggestions from posters here. Thank you all! Unfortunately none solved the issue. Then along came Larry(IGOFAR). I read the reviews here. Wow! Larry provided contact info and said he was confident he could help me, maybe in one phone call. It took two but only because it took me a couple of days to check/correct a couple of thing Larry pointed out just in a short conversation. Phone call no. two taught me more about my bike than years of riding and doing most of my own maintenance. I’ve been riding ST‘s since 1996. I didn’t know how much I didn’t know. Two phone calls. Maybe an hour total and three pictures. By asking me focused questions Larry led me through some assessment procedures, narrowing possible causes until we arrived at a likely cause. And I say “we” fully meaning “Larry”. I have some home work to do, but I’m confident I’ll be back on the road and with Larry’s help the bike will be in better shape and I will be much more knowledgeable about my ST.
Mechanic is not an adequate description, nor is technician. I think maybe ‘ST Systems Analyst‘ might fit. If he ever offers help, accept gratefully!
I owe, and will repay somewhere down the line.

Oh. My. Gosh. I don't know how I can add to what has previously been said, but Larry (Igofar) has been like an angel sent out of heaven for me. I like to think I'm pretty handy with mechanical things but its clear I'm just a shade-tree knuckle buster after being tutored by Larry. After flushing the brake fluid on my 08 ST1300 the front brakes started dragging. I tried a few things I thought would help, but no bueno. I posted a question for help in the forum and was pointed to the "White Courtesy Phone." Larry called me back and set up a time to troubleshoot the next day. He spent over 2 hours of his time helping me figure out the correct problem, sent me a list of parts I need for the proper repair, and apologized for taking up so much of my time! No way!! This has truly been an amazingly positive experience!!

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
I have come to accept that Larry can humble an ST owner in very short order... yet he does it not in a condescending manner, but an encouraging way.

The other thing I learned is, don't argue with him about what's going on with an ST!

I'm hard-headed and I was making assumptions about things on my bike, but Larry quickly convinced me of the error of my ways.

I'm glad to know him, and extremely fortunate that I got to meet him in person last year.

Thanks for all you do!

Top Bottom