• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

IL : A to Z (Round 4)

Bike
1994 ST1100
STOC #
Some folks appear to have stored a few with no complaints. I certainly won't complain if anyone stores a Quincy and Xenia as long as it's after the last round has ended. You can always be scooped as has happened recently. Joe?

Greg
I'm accepting of that for those two letters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Nothing in the rules says they have to be taken at the same time or in the same order. Many times I'll grab a few letters if I happen to be on a ride. The whole point of the game is to ride. However, is the pic is from a previous round in the same game it's pretty easy to find/prove so that will be zapped quickly.

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Nothing in the rules says they have to be taken at the same time or in the same order. Many times I'll grab a few letters if I happen to be on a ride. The whole point of the game is to ride. However, is the pic is from a previous round in the same game it's pretty easy to find/prove so that will be zapped quickly.
Thanks, Joe. That makes sense since it is a riding game.

Greg

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
I told the the wife the paint she got for the bathroom will take 24 hours to dry!!
That bought me time to satisfy the DREADED "Q" !!! the air temp hit "100" for about a half hour west of Ottawa on the way back home.
Most of the day was mid 90's!! 620 miles round tripper!!:06biker::06biker::06biker:

Attachments

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
803ADFF6-284A-4CD4-BD19-F84DE9B99EC8.jpg

Rrrrrrrrr, was a beautiful morning returning from ARCampSTOC.

Greg

Last edited:

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
U know, I guess I invoke the one month rule and play by myself!
I feel your pain. Over the course of 3.5 years, I got all the way to to where Z was next up in Maryland on my own before some else jumped in and finished it. He'd not have had the chance to do even that, had I been able to find *anything* bearing the name Zittlestown a week prior, but even though it's included as a Populated Place in the USGS register of named places, there's no obvious "there", there.

Unlikely that I'll be starting a Round 2...

Hope you don't have to play by yourself for *too* long.

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
I feel your pain. Over the course of 3.5 years, I got all the way to to where Z was next up in Maryland on my own before some else jumped in and finished it. He'd not have had the chance to do even that, had I been able to find *anything* bearing the name Zittlestown a week prior, but even though it's included as a Populated Place in the USGS register of named places, there's no obvious "there", there.

Unlikely that I'll be starting a Round 2...

Hope you don't have to play by yourself for *too* long.
I’ve also run into some dead ends when the “populated” area is just a few houses at an intersection with no identifying signage. Just had to ride some more which made it OK!

Greg

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
Help will be on the way pretty soon. I have been preoccupied this summer with house hunting. Closing this coming Wednesday!!
I will soon have my riding life back!!
Believe me, I’m not complaining. I’m ecstatic to be able to ride some this summer. Not like I used to, but I’se ridin’!

Greg

Bike
2010 ST/2002 GL1800
The "W" for IL
Other than being on the map there was only one company in this small town using the town name.
Wedron is an unincorporated community in LaSalle County, Illinois, United States. Wedron is located along the Fox River northeast of Ottawa.

Was a little tricky getting off the bike to take this pick.
I don't know if it was a lot of gravel fines or Silica dust. But it was rather slick pulling up in front of this building.

Attachments

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
DCCA28BC-E483-45C7-8FEC-A2139FB0347B.jpeg

I made a slight detour on the way home from ArkanSTOC. Been a while since this was updated. X it is!

Greg

Top Bottom