Impressions of an RT from an ST owner

OP
OP

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
I was surprised to see so few RTs on my recent trip to MN and YooperSTOC. I only saw two RTs and three STs (excluding the ones at YooperSTOC) on the road.
Mike

Charlie

Rider
Bike
R1200RT
Well....I guess I've been suitably chastised for the comment about accessories!
But to defend myself somewhat, I rarely see that many RT's in my area and there are no dealerships within 100 miles of me and my friend with the RT has had problems finding accessories.
If you have suggestions for my friend on "crash bars" and highway pegs he would appreciate it!

Katmando64
(quietly eating humble pie)
No worries mate, when you don't own the bike yourself, you probably haven't been searching the web looking for parts for it. My catalog collection in the bathroo....er....library is impressive.

For highway pegs, I like the Sahara pegs ... previously called Elf pegs for the 1100/1150 oil heads I believe. You can't stand up on them, but they do allow for stretching of the legs. If I want to stand on the bike for awhile, I use the stock pegs to stand on.

For crash bars ... I would steer clear of the Wunderlich bars. I have/had 'em, convinced several friends of mine to buy them ... all have had problems. They aren't worth the hassle. The Touratech bars look to have a better mounting design, but the ideal setup would be one that uses the BMW Authority (police version) mounting points. Unfortunately, I haven't seen aftermarket bars that take advantage of these mounting points because it means modifying the body work. Best bet (IMO) is to go with some sacrificial head guards and call it good.

Bike
2005 ST1300
I'm back! Now to make plans for NNESTOC 2010 so I can catch up with you guys.
Sure thing...There is always CT STOC if your schedule prohibits the NNESTOC run as well..

Drag Mellow with you..we keep getting 'promises' :p: LOL

Top Bottom