It is unbelievable!

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Yeah, not a lot of plastic on the Tracer... The 1st valve check is going to be a fun one though.

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Getting to the battery requires major surgery. We had to jump my buddies after he left his key on. What a pain!
Intimately familiar with the FJR..... there is a way without major surgery..... but I'd have to show you. It is a bit dumb though with that battery panel. Shouldn't take any longer than getting at an ST's battery...... however, you don't even need to go there if you run a pair of 10 ga. wires to the rear (to feed your aux. fuse panel too) and can hook up booster cables under the seat. Haven't had to use it for myself, but mostly to boost other people.....

OP
OP
Coop

Coop

R.I.P. - 2022/10/6
Rest In Peace
STOC #
Intimately familiar with the FJR..... there is a way without major surgery..... but I'd have to show you. It is a bit dumb though with that battery panel. Shouldn't take any longer than getting at an ST's battery...... however, you don't even need to go there if you run a pair of 10 ga. wires to the rear (to feed your aux. fuse panel too) and can hook up booster cables under the seat. Haven't had to use it for myself, but mostly to boost other people.....
Yeah, but...……...LOL! Good idea.

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I see lots of plastic...fenders, panniers, cowls, side covers, gas tank covers, handlebar covers, turn signal housings, headlight housings :rofl1:
I sure miss the good old days of Black steel frames, chrome fenders, Paint and seeing a beautiful engine suspended in a frame with wheels on both sides and a tank and seat above it....
A simpler time.....

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
I've been riding for over 46 years, and my '01 ST1100 is only my fifth bike. I still have my '96 Nighthawk 750; before that was an '82 CB750SC (also a Nighthawk).

My second bike was a '73 CB750. My first bike was a CL450, like this one:

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
^Ah, those were the good old days. :)

... when motorcycles had: poor brakes, low-grip tires, spokes to adjust, oily short-lived chains, point ignition, wallowy shallow suspensions, finicky carburetors with choke, kick start, altitude jetting problems, foul exhaust smell, numbing vibrations, broken clutch cables, vibrating mirrors, no wind protection, boardy seats, ...

:D

Top Bottom