It is with heavy heart, Paulcb - 2022-05-26

Please pass on my heartfelt grief for the family. Didn't know Paul but did message ack and forth through the forum

I haven't known of most if not all of the members here who we have lost over the last few years. They've all been before my time.

But Paul was an active presence during my time here and like others – I've never met him but felt like I knew him a little through his many posts. He was always a nice guy a good spirit and quick to offer help.

He is truly a tragic loss.

Just caught the news passed on through the FJR forum... unbelievable. Deepest sympathy.

Absolutely shocked by this news. This one hits particularly hard.

Paul was a great person and passionate about his family and riding. At events I gave him a lot of grief about being an Aggie and always had several Aggie jokes to fling his way. He returned the favor by making fun of Razorbacks (even though his daughter is also a U of A Alumnus). We often spoke of family and his job where he developed neuromodulation hardware and the patients his technology helped. Pretty interesting stuff.

It was always good to see him and sometimes his brother, Greg at events. It seemed often that he was going somewhere interesting and doing it in a way that was unique. I really appreciated reading and hearing about his travels and why he chose those trips. I'm fortunate to have shared many laughs, meals, campfires and miles ridden with Paul. When he received the Member of the Year award I sent him a congratulatory text. After our conversation that day, I truly felt like he was the epitome of what this forum represents and an exemplary member that was much deserving of the honor bestowed upon him.

This loss is painful. I can't imagine what his family is going through right now. I truly hope they can find peace quickly and recover.

Godspeed Paul.
Mike

Davis, OK RTE
Paul is wishing he had ordered a smaller meal.
P7010560-L.jpg

Last edited:
Truly awful news. My heart goes out to his family. I cannot imagine the grief they're experiencing. He was so close to home! Life is just so cruel sometimes...

It is with a heavy heart that I am writing this. I've been following Paul's trek back with his new bike. I just received a text from his brother Greg. I can only guess that Greg got my name/number from Paul's phone. Greg asked that I post this.

Paul made to within 3 miles of home on his long trek. From Greg, "He had a motorcycle accident last night and passed away. We are all stunned and heart broken. Wondering if you could get the message out on your website/board so all his motorcycle friends [wood] be aware. Thank you."

God rest his sole. Prayers for his family.

34556.jpg

32149B12-4038-4995-ADC2-2AA4914268CA.jpeg.jpg
Hi Guys. My name is Greg Burns, and I'm Paul's brother. I've had the pleasure of meeting many of you on several RTEs and STOCs over the years. Y'all are a wonderful, caring, eclectic group of people - and Paul LOVED riding and spending time with all of you. Me too.

I want to sincerely thank you for the kind words and posts on this thread. I really hope Paul can read them from Heaven. Regardless, his wife Sara and their two kids, and well as our entire Burns clan can, and they mean SO much. He was indeed a special person and the best brother a brother could ever have. He was my best friend in life. This is really hard.

FYI: The funeral service has been set for next Saturday at 11:00 am at First Celina Baptist Church, 841 N. Preston Rd, Celina, TX 75009. We would love for any of you who can and want to attend, to please do so. And since this group and his motorcycle riding was such a big part of his life, we are looking to see if there's one of you who would like to say a few words on behalf of his STOC motorcycle community - I'm thinking maybe tell a story or two and/or read some excerpts from all the posts in this thread - a few minutes of whatever you would like to say. Please text or call me at (214)601-2343 if you would like to fill this role - it would be much appreciated.

Blessings to each of you, and thank you again for your love of Paul and all the kind words and thoughts. Y'all meant a LOT to him.

Greg, if you or your family need anything just text me. I'm just a few miles down the road from Celina.

Greg,

Sincere condolences to you and Paul's family. When you are able, may we know how this tragedy befell Paul, as there may be a lesson for all to take from this. I'm sure Paul would want to share that as well.

Paul made to within 3 miles of home on his long trek. From Greg, "He had a motorcycle accident last night and passed away. We are all stunned and heart broken. Wondering if you could get the message out on your website/board so all his motorcycle friends [wood] be aware. Thank you."

God rest his sole. Prayers for his family.

This is so tragic and sad. My condolences to all those who know and care about him. I've only just joined this group, but have seen his posts and began following his travels and admiring his beautiful photos earlier today.

Sad news indeed. I always tried to read Paul's posts as they were usually insightful.
Deepest sympathy to his family.

Only in silence, the word.
Only in darkness, light.
Only in dying, life.

Bright the hawk's flight on an empty sky.

UKL

My condolences to the family.
RIP Paul

Back
Top Bottom