Its been six months....

STimpa

Livin my best life!
Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
Doug, my heart and my prayers are sent your way. The loss of your beautiful daughter has to be staggering. I have three of my own and don't know how I would survive their loss aside from my faith in Christ and the belief that I would see them again.
Prayers for you and your family.
Tim

Styles

2000 Non-ABS
Bike
'00 ST1100
STOC #
Thank you for sharing so sad and disturbing a loss. May grief ease and justice finally be served. My deepest sympathies.

Styles

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
A beautiful gal taken, out of carelessness, after overcoming her challenge from birth. So very sad. You have my sympathy. If memory serves, you had your own motorcycle incident not long ago? Remain strong.

Jeff

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Ohhhhh, Doug. You have had a tough run. My thoughts are with you and my hope is that you find strength and peace. We are here.

((( DOUG and family )))

Patty

Bike
ST1300
Very sorry for Your Loss. May time heal all your hurts. I know it will take a long time and her memory will never leave you. Think about the good times.

Bike
2005 ST1300
Doug, with tears in my eyes I write to say how sorry I am.... I have no words to say, other than my thoughs are with you. I too want to thank you for sharing this with us and the beautiful picture of your daughter. BOB

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #
I watched my brother bury his oldest son, who had been murdered (by a so called friend) and how it tore him up and continued to tear at him until he found out what happened (went unsolved for at least 10 to 15 years).

So I can only image how you feel. Hope some day you can find piece with it all, I know you'll never get over it, cause we don't, we just learn how to live with it.

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
Doug,

Thanks for having the courage to post your story. The tragedy brings tears to my eyes. Today I was with my daughter to celebrate her 26th birthday. What a joy. We lost her mother 17 years ago, so I do understand some of your pain. Time heals slowly. You will have joy again and someday when you think of her it will bring smiles to your face. I will keep you in my prayers.

Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
There's nothing I can say that hasn't been said already. I said a prayer for her, and will keep my rear pegs down on my next ride, so she can ride with me in spirit.

Firstpeke

NT1100D
Bike
Honda NT1100
STOC #
There is so much I want to say and yet no way to say it....

My wife and I extend our sincere condolences to you and yours..... may the God of all peace bring His peace to your heart and mind.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Godspeed Athene.

Prayers and condolences for you and yours Doug.

Mark and Chris

Bike
2006 ST1300
Wow. Such a pretty young lady. God bless you. Like FirstPeke... So many things I want to say, but not the forum to say it.
I pray for peace. For you and your family, and for your lovely daughter.
Your purpose here is not over yet. You will find strength to continue on, just like Athene did after surgery. She obviously came from good stock, and that stock is you.

Bike
2009 ST1300
STOC #
My wife passed away Sept 2010 from a lengthy battle with breast casncer. It was a terrible shock, even with knowing it was coming. I know this has to be with great anguish, and saddeness (I still tear up daily) to loose someone so special, so quickly. Words just dont seem to help, but support, love and friendship get us through. Just know that some day you'll see her in Heaven again. Isn't it great, that there is a site like this that you can go to and people you've never met, can cry, laugh, and care about you. What an awesome bunch of honestly good people. I know its hard, but what helped me was giving comfort to someone else who has had a terrible loss of their own. It seems to me that when I give comfort to someone else it helps me as well. Dont seclude yourself...be with people you care about and care about you. LIVE ...you know she would want you to have the best life you can. Just share the good memories so she can live on in your heart. With great empathy. Ted

Bike
05 ST1300
STOC #
God bless you and your family! So sorry to here of this loss. It looks like your starting to heal with this post.. We are here for you if you need anything! Please let us know.

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Dear Lord, please give Doug and his family the strength and comfort to get through there pain and suffering.

I'm sure it was hard for you to write this. But remember that there are so many wonderful people on this site. Kind of like family. I hope we can help you heal!

OP
OP
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Caped Crusader
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
Its been a tough road to hoe for a while now. Sometimes the greif is almost a palpable thing. It can hang in the air around you to the point it will choke the life out of you.

She was always such a joyous child. Through all the surgeries, and pain, she never gave up, and always found the upside of things. Athene was just weeks away from her CPA, and had made her life a success, overcomming greater odds than a more generous God would have allowed for.

A force of nature to be sure, yet kind, and compassionate. Always a "Daddys Girl" yet fearcly independant. I miss our long talks together.

A lot of you would have met her at the next WESTOC.

I just wanted to share al little bit of who she was with you all. She will definatly be missed.

Thank you all, for the comforting thoughts, and prayers. It really does help lift some of the pain away...

I'll share with you a poem that I recited at her eulogy. It helped me to put her death in perspective,and gave me comfort to write it, and may, perhaps help the other parents here that have lost a child. It seems the are just to many of us these days.

A Child Loaned

"I'll lend you for a little time
A child of Mine." He said.
"For you to love the while she lives
And mourn for when she's dead.
It may be six or seven year
Or twenty-two or three
But will you, till I call her back
Take care of her for Me?
She'll bring her charms to gladden you
And should her stay be brief,
You'll have her lovely memories
As solace for your grief.
I cannot promise she will stay
Since all from Earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there
I want the child to learn.
I've looked this wide world over
In my search for teacher's true,
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes,
I have selected you;
Now will you give her all your love,
Nor think the labour vain
Nor hate Me when I come to call
And take her back again?
I fancied that I heard them say,
"Dear Lord, They will be done,
For all the joy Thy child shall bring,
For the risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter her with tenderness,
We'll love her while we may,
And for the happiness we've known,
Forever grateful stay.
But should the angels call for her
Much sooner than we planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes
And try to understand."
Anonymous

I released it to the internet anonymously and its started to appear all over...
one can easily replace "him" for "her"

Doug

Top Bottom