Its been six months....

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
My heart aches for your loss. I can not imagine what it must be like to loose such a part or your life. It's no consolation knowing that she died doing something she loved and worked hard to do.

I have 3 daughters, middle one rides her own bike and the youngest that rides pillion with me. It's a great fear that I have when they are riding, but they share their love for riding with me.

She rides on....

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Doug,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. As a father with two daughters in their mid-20's I can relate to your loss. No parent should have to go through the pain and sorrow of losing a child. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

John

Bike
ST 1300
I am so sorry to hear of your loss....how you were able to read that poem at a service is beyond me...I tear up just sitting here reading it thinking of my daughter. May you enjoy the happy memories you shared with her.

OP
OP
Quicksilver

Quicksilver

Caped Crusader
Bike
'06 ST1300
STOC #
I've been beaten, shot at, fought, crashed, dealt with disease, had indescribable pain, but reading that poem was the single, most difficult thing, I have ever had to do...but had to, at least for my own sanity.

God forbid I EVAH have to do that again.......

Doug

Bike
ST1100
STOC #
I don't have any fancy words Doug, but I have a heart, and it really aches for you and yours.
Prayers for peace are said.

Bike
2016 FJR1300ES
STOC #
I've been beaten, shot at, fought, crashed, dealt with disease, had indescribable pain, but reading that poem was the single, most difficult thing, I have ever had to do...but had to, at least for my own sanity.
I don't know how you could have possibly read that poem Doug?? I know I wouldn't have been able to do it. R.I.P. Athene......

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Doug, that poem is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Well done.
And amen to your words - may you never, ever, ever have to do anything like that again.

Patty

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
It's a tuff go for all of us. In my case, soon will be 18 years. Never easy.

Condolences, Doug (and Don, and Jeanette, and all the others all over who have lost a child.)

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Every so often I find myself at a loss for words. Like now. I am so deeply sorry for your loss.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I am so sorry for your loss. I have no words to convey the feelings.

Lanny

Former Rider
Bike
None
STOC #
Doug, I think a lot of both you and Dana. My heart goes out to you....I can't imagine... Come back east soon.

elmer phudd

wullie-d
Bike
60 plate st1300
Another parent suffers needlessly I dont know what to say as others have said no parent should have to lose a child in this way and I would like to say such a beautiful happy looking woman. I can only hope that by sharing with the people on the forum that your pain may be minisculy lowered and hopefully the lowlife that committed the crime gets his comeuppance that I will pray for. Deepest and heartfelt prayers from this side of the pond. Cheers Wullie D

Top Bottom