I've got a secret too!

Bike
BMW R1200RT
I've already taken her for a test spin. The GT is nowhere as smooth as the ST. The bike is a powerful beast and seems to handle very well. I'll post a full comparison as soon as I put some real miles on her.
I found my '07 GT a bit buzzy up to the 60mph range, but it smoothed out nicely by 70 and by 80, hang on Nellie!

Bike
2021 BMW 1250GS
STOC #
Nova Scotia and Cape Breton are a possibility tho. Maybe combine it with QuebecSTOC. There are some definite possibilities here
Congrats John.....Very nice ride!!! That would be an awesome place to try it out. Been there two years in a row and looking to go back next year! Great riding, great people and great lobsters and mussels!! :D

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
Congrats John nice bike. You are making me think. But I am sticking to my guns no getting rid of the ST until at least 150k miles. And I have 54K miles to go.

Congrats!

I just test rode a K1300GT exclusive Edition like yours an hour ago. I can tell you it's a nice improvement over the '06-'08 K1200GT.

First thing I'll say is compared to my 2010 RT, wow!....that K13GT has some snort.

The engine was smooth as a turbine as I cruised at 90+ and I only felt a tickle in the pegs at one point, but it seemed to settle down really quick. As I4 engines go, it's about the smoothest I've sampled. It sure made nice growls when I was hard on the throttle:D

Ergonomically, it's no RT. However, to be fair, I have risers, peg lowering kit and larger windshield, and Sargent seat on the RT. I'm sure that with Verholen risers, peg loweing kit, Aeroflow, and a Russell seat, the K13GT would be pretty darn close to RT comfort....close enough anyway.

I still think the RT is more nimble, and more flickable than the GT, but that's just me.

That damn red paint is just eye candy on the GT. I can't believe I'm actually thinking of buying the GT, but that power and red paint is pretty darn suductive.

Damn you...;) Enjoy...gorgeous bike, and BMW finally got the GT dialed in really nice....and promptly killed it.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
...BMW finally got the GT dialed in really nice....and promptly killed it.
There are 2011 K1300GTs at dealers all over the 'net. It appears to be alive and kicking as an '11 model.

There are 2011 K1300GTs at dealers all over the 'net. It appears to be alive and kicking as an '11 model.
Those are the EE K1300GT models you are seeing and are production leftovers with all the factory options on them.

BMW made it official that the K1300GT is cancelled with the release of the K1600GT.

Shame..I rode one today, and it's a great bike.

Top Bottom