Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
A few facts about our friend:

He posted more times than anyone else on the board except @Mellow. Many of those posts were friendly welcomes to new members-- helping build and strengthen a community he obviously valued.
His posts generated more reactions than anyone else. I will venture to guess that they were vastly more "Like" or "HaHa" than anything else.
He was the most active Member of the Month.

In aggregate this tells me what we all already know: the board is a poorer place without him.
No kidding... I left for a week without posting a few times and no one ever noticed... lol.. He will be missed.

MTRider

Rider of Gigolo
Bike
ST1300
STOC #
I'm so sorry to see this. RIP Jim. You will be missed. My condolences to his family and friends.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Requiescat In Pace

I’m sorry I never got to meet him. Amazing poST count. Is there a link to an obit? Last name? STOC number?

Condolences to family and friends.

John

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
I have absolutely no doubt that life just continue after the body's death. And I know that we will all meet again, some sunny day.

Still..

The big book says : who have found a friend have found a treasure.

And, I have found many new friend here.

I didn't had much time to get to know Jim. He was one of the first to welcome me on the forum, back in february. What I'm reading about him is touching.

Gone, but not forgotten.

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
Requiescat In Pace

I’m sorry I never got to meet him. Amazing poST count. Is there a link to an obit? Last name? STOC number?

John
John I tried to start a conversation with you but I guess you've got that set to off.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Requiescat In Pace

John
Going by his call sign which is in general chat here you can always do a reverse lookup to find his name.

(Trying to be respectful of the privateness he seemed to have.)

No obituary that I am aware of.

RIP Jim.

Last edited:

TOS

Bike
2015 Super Tenere
STOC #
Sorry to hear about fnmag (Jim). R.I.P. Jim, but ride everyday at your new location...

Best I can remember, was meeting Jim one time, camping at Shriners in Kerrville.

VFR

"Uncle Larry"
I was remembering the first time I met Jim. Might have been a first time for a few of us. It was at an RTE at the old KOFA Cafe. Jim had just gotten his ST and may have just joined the forum. Unfortunately he broke the key off in the ignition switch when getting ready to leave. Most of us there spent a lot of time trying to get the switch to turn so he could start the bike, unhappily to no avail. Petar (Flying Pig) gave him a ride back to Mesa and they got a truck to retrieve the bike.

Jim ended up being a regular camping at Salton Sea and other places. Sure gonna miss that guy......

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Condolences and a nod to all that was shared here. When I bought the tiger in AZ had hoped to meet up at Petars pizza joint. He had always replied to my posts and had encouraging words. RIP

Top Bottom