Jim AKA fnmag

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Just learned from Patty about Jim. That's sad news indeed. Godspeed.

Bike
2020 Tracer 900GT
STOC #
A few facts about our friend:

He posted more times than anyone else on the board except @Mellow. Many of those posts were friendly welcomes to new members-- helping build and strengthen a community he obviously valued.
His posts generated more reactions than anyone else. I will venture to guess that they were vastly more "Like" or "HaHa" than anything else.
He was the most active Member of the Month.

In aggregate this tells me what we all already know: the board is a poorer place without him.
Well said, Jim will be missed.

I see that this thread is a couple of years old but I just found it today and wanted to add to the tribute.

I bought Jim's '98 ST from him in 2009 and I decided to stop by the forum and let him know I still have it and it's still doing well. I've been away from motorcycling and this forum for several years, but I've resisted the temptation to sell the ST. Instead I've kept it stored inside and covered as a memento to all of the great trips we had and with the thought of maybe someday getting back into riding and camping.

Finally, this summer I put getting it rolling again on my list of things to do, so I came back to the forum to look up some pertinent info and to drop Jim a line as I used to periodically do to let him know his old ST is well. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm a couple of years too late.

I didn't know Jim that well other than buying his bike and occasionally sending him an update on his former scooter, but he seemed like a good person. RIP Jim.July11,2010 003.jpg

Last edited:
Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
Welcome back to the forum.

Very nice ST1100 there.

Yes, keep that ST rolling. I myself bought an ST that spent too many years in a garage. Only 20k miles on the clock. So I'm now trying to give my ST a 2nd life. ; -)

Thanks to have share that story with Jim (fnmag). I have read this full thread again.

Gone, but not forgotten.

Top Bottom