John Sisk aka John - 1/22/2024

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
It pains me to say that our old buddy from Illinois, John Sisk has passed away. His daughter contacted me today to let us know that John was diagnosed with terminal cancer a few months ago and passed earlier this afternoon.

John and I had so many good laughs. We had light conversation and we had deep conversation. John had the gift of gab and never met a stranger. So many memories! Those Sunday night calls after John had had a few slurpies. We talked for a long time and 70% of it was saying goodbye. May God be with him and his fine family. RIP - John Robbin Sisk

SiskJohn.jpg

Bug Dr.

Extroverted Loner
I took two long road trips with John. In 2011 we rode 7000 miles through the western United States and ended up at Spearfish, SD for NatSTOC. We did much of the same route again in 2012 with Mark B. and once again ended up in Spearfish.

John never met a stranger. In fact, sometimes it was difficult to get him to stop talking to strangers so we could continue our ride. He especially had a fondness to elderly ladies. I think they made him feel young :)

We shared many laughs, a few tears and several drinks along the way. He was one of the people you looked for on event RSVPs because you knew you were in for a good time if he showed up. The fond memories I have of John far outweigh the negative ones. He was a good riding companion as our schedules matched and neither of us really cared where we ended up at the end of the day. It was always nice to have someone to talk to around the campfire after a day of riding.

Like many that have passed before, John will have place in my heart forever. It is because of this site that we have had the privilege to meet and spend time with some of the finest people I've ever encountered. I'm still amazed that one brand of motorcycle could bring us all together.....and so was John.

Me, Mark B and John on Highway 92 in CO

Farewell my friend.

Mike

treemuncher

Vegetation Terrorist
Bike
'07 ST1300A
STOC #
Della and I are very sorry to hear of John's passing. He was truly one of the many characters that made the ST-Owners group exceptionally memorable. He was a lot of fun to be around and always an easy set-up for a joke at his expense. We certainly shared a lot of laughs together. I've missed seeing him around the campfire for quite a few years. I can't locate the photo right now, but every time I head into Clarksville and pass the sign for "Butters Love Academy", he comes to mind. Ride on, John. I enjoyed our time together.

I almost forgot about the time John got banned from the forum and he went through serious withdrawl symptoms. I found this little clip referencing the situation.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
This is truly sad news. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but heard him spoken of fondly on many occasions. My sincere condolences to his family and loved ones, and that includes all of you who knew and loved him. Ride on, John.

Patty

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
Aw man… I will miss him! Although I have not seen him a couple years. He was the type of person to swap stories with. I have been to his “foam” house where he lived in Ridgeway. He’s a character, once you have met him, you’ll never forget him.

ardykay54

Russ "NeonMan" Knock
Bike
22 Kaw Z900rs 50 ann
2024 Miles
STOC #
Went to a RTE in Missouri (I think) a long time ago and after we were done eating we went to the bikes....John had left his key on and of course the ST was dead.....everybody but Padden, John, and me had already left..........so we decided to try to push start it.....I gave up after about 20 yards :biggrin: but Padden must have pushed him for half a mile with no luck.......we did find someone to jump start the bike and got him on his way.....always enjoyed talking with John......Goodbye sir!! Russ.

Top Bottom