John Sisk aka John - 1/22/2024

skidlid1300

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
Schwinn
John loved to share his childhood stories. One that I will never forget is about a mule, “ol’ Jack,” and how Jack terrorized the town my being hitched to a cart in which he did not like. One day Jack took off, dragging that cart through backyards, up and down the street, through a cemetery. John said you could hear that mule and the racket of the cart for blocks around. John and his brothers had trouble catching Jack. So, they just let him run and run until he was so tuckered out and shaking a lot. Then Jack let out the most mournful sound. I sure got a kick out of John telling that story… Ol’ Jack…

Scooter

This space for rent...
Bike
2019 BMW R1250RT
STOC #
Sad news indeed. I'll always cherish one of the late night campfire conversations I had with him and a few others over at Terry's farm during Moonshine one year. I also remember that there might have been a few that were trying to get some sleep that night who might not have thought so highly of it. ;)

I don't know who took this photo but I had just spent the last 15 minutes chatting with John while getting ready to leave for home after the last Post-Post-Post Moonshine from 2010 and Terry came up to say goodbye. I'll miss them both...

Terry at last MLR Nov13 2010.jpg

TPadden

Tom Padden
There will be a celebration of life for Sisk in May. See below:
I'm planning on attending. Might look for a convenient place to stay as although only 2 hours from Paris Landing (FerrySToc) I might toss down one or three...:wine2:

Tom

$10 camping 6 miles from the Banquet Center...Saline County SFWA.

Last edited:

TPadden

Tom Padden
That's why we can't go anywhere nice anymore......
"It's a balmy 35 degrees tonight, we have unique outside dining reserved for your special group at the Winthrop Rockefeller Institute Dr. Fairbanks"... memories :rofl1:.

Tom

Last edited:

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I sure wish I could make it for John’s service. I don’t think I can get off work. Just thinking about the stories that will be shared makes me laugh and smile. I’ll be sure to have a shot or two of FireBall in his memory.

Mondo

Site Supporter
Bike
‘22 Moto Guzzi V85TT
I'm planning on attending. Might look for a convenient place to stay as although only 2 hours from Paris Landing (FerrySToc) I might toss down one or three...:wine2:

Tom

$10 camping 6 miles from the Banquet Center...Saline County SFWA.

I may head that way as well. Only 310 miles from home so I may stay overnight nearby and head home Sunday.

Greg

Top Bottom