Just submitted my paperwork for IBA (SS1000)

Bike
2015 Yamaha FJR1300
Meridian... :rofl1:

When I did my SS1K, I stopped in Meridian on the way up to Selmer TN to my inlaws place to gas up and smoke one. After I gassed up and moved over to the curb, I put the kickstand down and moved the ST to it's side... the kickstand folded up, and the ST fell over right up against the curb! It had 7+ gallons of fuel, packed with all of my clothes, and I was exhausted too. There was no leverage for me to get the bike up... it was o-dark thirty... I was thinking this was it as far as the SS1K. Then these two big guys came walking over to me, "Hey, you need some help?"... YAS!!!!!! :please1:

They helped me right the ST up... all I heard was, "What the hell do you have in the thing?!?!?!"! :rofl1: I slapped 20 bones in their hands and said go grab some cold ones... fired up the ST, and I was on my way! :oilleak:
That's Mississippi hospitality

Jevers

Jevers
Bike
2017 Yamaha SCR950
Congrats on the SS1000!

Thread hijack:

My daughter and I did our first SS1000 this year also! CMA (Christian Motorcyclists Association) has an annual fundraiser (Run for the Son) in May each year. Normally, members solicit donations from their local communities and then on the Run for the Son day there is usually some short ride less than 100 miles or so for a celebratory event. Since we had been discussing doing a SS1000 for a while, we thought we would combine the two: solicit donations per mile on the 1000 mile ride. In addition, we decided to make it a Nevada event by riding 1085 miles all within the state, one very large loop across some very beautiful yet very remote areas of the state.

Iron_Butt_Tracking.png

We used a SPOT trace device to track our progress and provide a way for sponsors to follow us along the way.

Since we had never done this before, we knew we needed to practice we could work out any bugs in gear or bikes. The plan was to ride a 500 mile loop in Nevada, then a 750 mile loop around the circumference of the Grand Canyon.

Iron_Butt_Rides_All.png

My 10 year old son joined us on the two practice rides.

2021-03-18 06.46.45.jpg

Please note that for the 500 and 750 mile rides, my daughter (@StealthyNinja ) rode on her Ninja 500R. She was dedicated to that bike but we found on the return leg from the Grand Canyon that riding into a head wind saw the 500cc engine struggling to keep up.
2021-03-31 23.03.19.jpg
It was at that point I decided to upgrade her to a sport touring bike. We found a local 2002 ST1100 and quickly grabbed it.

Now, for the pics from the SS1000

2021-04-30 05.46.01.jpg
2021-04-30 21.54.58.jpg
2021-05-01 01.23.15.jpg

We completed our loop of 1085 miles in 21.5 hours. What an experience! I've already mapped a similar loop around Mississippi for my MS patch/pin. If you track the state line all the way around you can do 1016 miles!
Nice ST1100, I used to have one identical to yours. I sold it last summer to some dude I met up with in Arkansas. I think he said he was from Mississippi.... ! Congrats and good to see you enjoying time with your daughter . Jevers/Jay Evers from Minnesota

Bike
2015 Yamaha FJR1300
Nice ST1100, I used to have one identical to yours. I sold it last summer to some dude I met up with in Arkansas. I think he said he was from Mississippi.... ! Congrats and good to see you enjoying time with your daughter . Jevers/Jay Evers from Minnesota
Hi Jay! Great to hear from you! We are definitely enjoying the bike!

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
That's Mississippi hospitality
Was looking to move to the Corinth area (have a pretty decent Mexican restaurant there, and a Kroger's near it)... but Sherri's family would be just up the road in Adamsville/Crump/Savannah/Selmer... just a bit too close. :biggrin:

Take care!
Rob

Top Bottom