Keys and locksmithing : X265, HD109, special requests, etc.

EJay

Newb to ST1300
Vendor
Bike
2006 ST1300
Hello all - I'm a fairly new ST1300 rider, but I've owned a business selling key blanks (Motokeys) and doing locksmith work for many years.

I have most of the keys in stock you've read about in the various threads.

The key most of you will want is the plain metal X265/HD109. The best online price I've seen for those is about US $6.50 shipped (to US) for a pair so I will match that. Add $2 shipping to anywhere else in the world with a postal system.

I have plastic-head version that is $5.99 shipped (each) to the US. PM me for international rates.

Other products/services:
  • Originate new keys from a code (For HD109 these are codes J00-U39 or 8-digit 11111111-333333333).
  • Code work for most other applications.
  • 'Shorty' keys - I can provide a key to work in your bags and storage compartments that is a lot shorter than your ignition key.
  • Make a key from a photo of your working key. (Advice - take a photo of your working key before you lose the thing!)
  • Finding obscure keys for rare vehicles
  • Keys for other applications (home, cars, RVs, aircraft, etc)
  • Plastic-head keys
  • Keys for panniers/saddlebags
  • Padlocks that fit your house keys

Last edited:
OP
OP
EJay

EJay

Newb to ST1300
Vendor
Bike
2006 ST1300
I don't have any Honda-branded blanks for the ST, but I'll keep my eye out. Unless I can source them at a better price than you'd get from the dealer, I would probably refer you to the dealer anyway.

STraymond

Site Supporter
Bike
'01 ST1100
STOC #
Hello all - I'm a fairly new ST1300 rider, but I've owned a business selling key blanks (Motokeys) and doing locksmith work for many years.

I have most of the keys in stock you've read about in the various threads.

The key most of you will want is the plain metal X265/HD109. The best online price I've seen for those is about US $6.50 shipped (to US) for a pair so I will match that. Add $2 shipping to anywhere else in the world with a postal system.

Other products/services:
  • Originate new keys from a code (For HD109 these are codes J00-U39 or 8-digit 11111111-333333333).
  • Code work for most other applications.
  • 'Shorty' keys - I can cut down a HD109 to work in your bags and storage compartments that is a lot shorter than your ignition key.
  • Make a key from a photo of your working key. (Advice - take a photo of your working key before you lose the thing!)
  • Finding obscure keys for rare vehicles
  • Keys for other applications (home, cars, RVs, aircraft, etc)
  • Plastic-head keys
  • Keys for panniers/saddlebags
  • Padlocks that fit your house keys

Can you supply the Givi Z661G - for E52 topcases?

OP
OP
EJay

EJay

Newb to ST1300
Vendor
Bike
2006 ST1300
Can you supply the Givi Z661G - for E52 topcases?
I can cut that key by code on an aftermarket blank, though I do not stock the OEM Givi blanks. So if you have a case and know the code but don't have a working key, I can set you up.

I can cut that key by code on an aftermarket blank, though I do not stock the OEM Givi blanks. So if you have a case and know the code but don't have a working key, I can set you up.
And to be clear, I can code cut all Givi applications except the black-head security sidewinder keys. Givi makes things a little difficult by having used two different code series with the same numbers but I can work around it. I think Givi made the Honda-branded top boxes so presumably I can do those too. If someone has such Honda box and wants to help with a little R&D, PM me.

Bike
1999 ST1100
STOC #
Good to see a guy like you here!

Do you have the "Gold" ST blanks? Or an existing ST1100 "C64" key? If so, what do you want for it?

PS: I already a spare "plain" key.
You can get an Ilco HD74 key cut about anywhere for the 1100. A couple bucks. What the heck is a 'gold key'?

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
DeanR said:
What the heck is a 'gold key'?
I was wondering that too. The 1300's factory key is comparatively plain-Jane. I bought couple and they were way overpriced especially considering they're so cheesy. Ilco is good enough for me.

OP
OP
EJay

EJay

Newb to ST1300
Vendor
Bike
2006 ST1300
FYI to all - I now have a plastic-head version of the X265/HD109 key in stock. $5.99 each, shipped to the US. I've updated the original post.

Attachments

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Being a locksmith, and having your own ST1300 that you can look at, maybe you can help out or at least answer a question about re-coding the ST1300 left-hand fairing storage box lock cylinder that was asked in another thread.

"I don’t believe these pocket lid locks can be opened like the saddlebag ones can, so the pins can be matched with a key. It would take a very specific tool to remove the lock’s too cover

Anyone know different?"

The question comes from this thread- Left Pocket Lid Lock.

OP
OP
EJay

EJay

Newb to ST1300
Vendor
Bike
2006 ST1300
Being a locksmith, and having your own ST1300 that you can look at, maybe you can help out or at least answer a question about re-coding the ST1300 left-hand fairing storage box lock cylinder that was asked in another thread.

"I don’t believe these pocket lid locks can be opened like the saddlebag ones can, so the pins can be matched with a key. It would take a very specific tool to remove the lock’s too cover

Anyone know different?"

The question comes from this thread- Left Pocket Lid Lock.
Do you know the part # for the assembly? If its not too expensive I'll buy one and dissect it to see if its re-keyable. We'd have to remove the face cap and you need a special tool to re-crimp the cap (or crimp a new cap, preferably).

I have a challenge for you: key for a Vetter Windjammer 5, key #VF-101. Looks like this:

Yes I can do that one, I've got one compatible blank in stock. The head will look different but it will work.

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
key #VF-101
Just an F.Y.I. in case the key in your picture is the actual one you need a copy of and in case it matters- the key in your picture is # VF-107.

Do you know the part # for the assembly? If its not too expensive I'll buy one and dissect it to see if its re-keyable. We'd have to remove the face cap and you need a special tool to re-crimp the cap (or crimp a new cap, preferably).
For the bike that belongs to the person who asked the question in the original thread the lock cylinder assembly is;
Honda part number 77233-MBL-611- LOCK ASSY., POCKET LID.
It is the same part number for all ST1300, all years. It runs about $11.00.

The person in this other thread has already ordered a replacement lock cylinder but I suspect that he would still like to have it re-coded to match his bike key if it could be done.

Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
Yes I can do that one, I've got one compatible blank in stock. The head will look different but it will work.
If the 101 tells you the cut, you've got a deal. I don't have the key, but I had recorded the number.

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I now have a plastic-head version of the X265/HD109 key in stock.
Is the blade of the same material as the X265/HD109? As noted in an above post the factory ST1300 keys are made of aged cheddar. They are easily fatigued and have snapped in locks. Most of us leave that key as a 'master' for getting copies made and use an Ilco as a daily driver. I'd like to get a couple of keys with the plastic head but only if the blade as durable as the Ilco stock.

OP
OP
EJay

EJay

Newb to ST1300
Vendor
Bike
2006 ST1300
I assure you these blanks are not made of aged cheddar :) Its likely nickel-plated brass like the Ilco. These plastic-head keys are made in Mexico North America by JMA which is a competitor to Ilco/Silca. I haven't been able to source other plastic-head keys in the US for this application.

Top Bottom