Looking for a fold-down tongue stand, new or used.

OP
OP
Larry Fine
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
so you can't paint? or your not interested in making something.
The main thing I'm concerned with is simple, hopefully-one-hand operation.

I wouldn't know how to fabricate the latching mechanism in both positions.

It makes more sense to me to use one purpose-built than adapt something.

I can get what I want for $40. How much would it cost me to duplicate one?

Bike
2010 ST1300
I can get what I want for $40. How much would it cost me to duplicate one?
A couple of flat steel plates from a hardware store (mending plates), one bolted to each side of the tongue and extending below the tongue. A piece of EMT (diameter as large as your tongue width) cut to length, a bolt for a pivot, and a clevis pin through a hole aft of the pivot to hold the backward pivoting leg in the up position. You will have to bevel the leg's top at a 45º angle. A trivial solution if you don't want to spend a few bucks. You exchange sweat labor for cash and convenience.

Oh, bend a 4x4 cover into a U for the bottom so it doesn't sink into soft dirt. Secure this 'foot' with sheet metal screws. Spray it all black.

BTW, my 'outdoor' rated Tractor Supply garden trailer has rusted just about everywhere in 6 years of outside storage. 'Outdoor' rated is a myth.

OP
OP
Larry Fine
Bike
'01 & '96 ST1100s
STOC #
A couple of flat steel plates from a hardware store (mending plates), one bolted to each side of the tongue and extending below the tongue.
I can picture that. :thumb:

A piece of EMT (diameter as large as your tongue width) cut to length, a bolt for a pivot, and a clevis pin through a hole aft of the pivot to hold the backward pivoting leg in the up position.
I can't picture that. :confused1:

The tube in what orientation? Why not just two side plates and the leg?

Oh, wait. The EMT is the leg??? o_O

Top Bottom