Looky what came to stay at my place......

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
A friend wanted me to store this and keep it here to ride....but first a thorough going thru.
Tires are 13 and 16 years old....needs flushed, drained, new drive belt, and inspect everything. Good part is....He says I can use it when I need a spare bike...!!
So far with new Michelin tires, tubes, drive belt, brake supplies, battery and few other items, there is about $850 in new parts to get it back on the road.

Anyone here ever have one of these..??
ToddC

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
You know you have to wear full pirate attire to ride that right? :rofl1: And we want pictures of you wearing it.
Nice looking bike Todd! I have a 1984 Virago 1000. I need to bring it back to life or get rid of it. I bought it right after I lost my mom 30 years ago.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
You know you have to wear full pirate attire to ride that right? :rofl1: And we want pictures of you wearing it.
Nice looking bike Todd! I have a 1984 Virago 1000. I need to bring it back to life or get rid of it. I bought it right after I lost my mom 30 years ago.
You are right.... I will need to invest in a new Johnny Dep outfit....:woohoo: aarrgg matey..aarrrgg...!!
Now, pictures may be another thing.....:well1:
When my friend said he was dropping this off, I had mixed feelings.....mostly worried about all the grief I would encounter.....from you folks....:chop1::doh1:.
Like I said.....a second loaner bike......for my guests...not me....:rofl1:

Get yours running Keith...and we can hit Stergis and see if we are welcomed....

Bike
2010 ST1300
Nice looking bike. How does the passenger get over the driver's backrest? Vault in from behind like the Lone Ranger?

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
My brother has a similar bike Road star Silverado I think. But his tires are only like 9 years old and the bike is not running.....

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
My brother has a similar bike Road star Silverado I think. But his tires are only like 9 years old and the bike is not running.....
Ya, this one came from an estate sale. Friend of current owner.... Knowing it needed tires and such he got a sweet deal. I am the property manager for his cabin property across the lake from me, so it became part of his fleet of toys.... Counting all the gas powered items on his other property, I have 28..now 29 oils to change. :doh1: From toys to mowers, tractors, generators, pressure washers, etc. I think this one might be fun.
T

ST Gui

240Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300, 2010
I'm not a fan of the dresser bits – metal bits on the upholstery and shades on the lights. But that's a nice looking bike. LOVE floorboards. It won't need trailering once it's been freshened up. Big twins rock.

Trapperdog

R.I.P. - 2022/10/14
Rest In Peace
Bike
09 ST1300 PA
Cool bike, carbureted year correct? At least the belt is easier to change than on a Harley but you still have to drop the swing arm as I recall.

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #
A buddy had one. Fun to ride. I don't like sitting so low but it was very comfortable ... which is good because it was slow.

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Cool bike, carbureted year correct? At least the belt is easier to change than on a Harley but you still have to drop the swing arm as I recall.
Yes, there is a trick..looked it up. Just being the caretaker of the bike. Never had one like this before. Anxious to ride it when done....
T

Bike
2010 ST1300
Counting all the gas powered items on his other property, I have 28..now 29 oils to change. :doh1: From toys to mowers, tractors, generators, pressure washers, etc.
I never changed the oil in our old Toro mower, simply added a dash here and there as needed (I did check it regularly). I figured the deck would rust out before the motor gave up. Alas, the motor manufacturer went belly up first, and when I could not longer get a replacement flywheel (even on ebay) because the plastic ring gear was chewed up, I gave the mower away. It was still running and refused to die.

Bike
1999 Honda ST1100
I have owned several and they are great bikes.... very comfortable..... just not a high speed touring like the ST....

OP
OP
ToddC

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I have owned several and they are great bikes.... very comfortable..... just not a high speed touring like the ST....
Feel free to share any ensight that would be helpful....... it's all new to me.
ToddC

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
A friend wanted me to store this and keep it here to ride....but first a thorough going thru.
Tires are 13 and 16 years old....needs flushed, drained, new drive belt, and inspect everything. Good part is....He says I can use it when I need a spare bike...!!
So far with new Michelin tires, tubes, drive belt, brake supplies, battery and few other items, there is about $850 in new parts to get it back on the road.

Anyone here ever have one of these..??
ToddC
I bet I could find more stuff that needed to be done :rofl1:
Be careful with the drain plugs, and make sure you drain/refill ALL the correct holes :rolleyes:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
Thanks for that Keith, now I'm stuck with a picture in my head of Todd wearing Butt-less chaps:scared2:

Bike
2010 ST-1300
I took a Pro Rider class in Dallas a couple of years ago. The Coach had a bike just like that. He could do some really tight circles with it. Both running boards were worn down to a knifes edge. Pretty quick to for a cruiser.

Top Bottom