Michelin PR3's (Pilot Road 3)

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
I have 8000 on my first set. They look good. I don't think i'll get the milage you guys are getting. But I will be putting them back on. I guess I need to place an order with Two Brothers.

Bike
ST 1300A
[FONT=&amp]My country Greece is in southern Europe. The climate is nearly like that of California[/FONT][FONT=&amp].[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
I have been impressed with the Pilot Road 3 tires on my ST.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]These tires are very good in the dry, as you would expect from any modern dual compound tire, but the difference is when it rains.
The grip I get from these tires in the wet is amazing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The bike has gained a more solid feel, the tires have a glue-like stickiness! [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]The steering is noticeably different , more neutral feeling. The bike now carves confidently through the corners in a single, sweeping line, [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Also, the Pilot Road 3 tires seem to warm up very quickly, probably due to the dual compound.
There is virtually no warm-up time needed, the tires seem to stick as soon as I leave the driveway.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]And for the end, my daughter said, Daddy the bike is match more comfortable with these new tires! [/FONT]:)

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
Just put my second front PR3 and third rear PR3 on my ST1300. Great tires. A bit more expensive but one gets what they pay for. I like them so much I also put a set on my NT700. They mount up relatively easy, also, when doing the mounting myself.

Bike
2007 ST 1300
So now I have approximately 2500 miles on the PR3's and still think they are far superior than OEM, but I have a question for everyone using them. Does the front tire seem to generate a bit more road noise then OEM? Part of this may be due to the fact my OEMs were almost 5 years old when I bought the bike. My 2007 ST was new in the showroom (purchased 2011) with only 35 miles on the ticker, but of course the rubber on those tires had to be a lot harder than when they were first put on the bike. I can attest to the hard OEMs, because when I tried to remove them it was darn near impossible to get a tire iron under them to pry them off the rim. I eventually had to take the wheels to a shop with a mechanical tire machine to get them off. Just curious... Thanks.

ChucksKLRST

Team Colorado
Bike
2019 Versys 1K SE LT
STOC #
So now I have approximately 2500 miles on the PR3's and still think they are far superior than OEM, but I have a question for everyone using them. Does the front tire seem to generate a bit more road noise then OEM? Part of this may be due to the fact my OEMs were almost 5 years old when I bought the bike. My 2007 ST was new in the showroom (purchased 2011) with only 35 miles on the ticker, but of course the rubber on those tires had to be a lot harder than when they were first put on the bike. I can attest to the hard OEMs, because when I tried to remove them it was darn near impossible to get a tire iron under them to pry them off the rim. I eventually had to take the wheels to a shop with a mechanical tire machine to get them off. Just curious... Thanks.
I wear ear plugs so I don't hear any tire noise.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I have 14,977 miles on my current front PR3! It looks like it'll go another 1,000 easily. I replaced a rear PR3 with another back in January. It had 14,000+ miles on it.

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Ear plugs here as well usually with tunes.
The older PRs did make some noise when healed over.

You'll probably find the PR3s come off/on easier.
Not so much old rubber as stiffness of the sidewall design.

What came off the bike iirc there were 2 oem tires. Stones and maybe dunflops.

Bike
2007 ST1300
Well I got about a 1000 miles on my first ever set of PR3's and I love them, good grip and solid performing tire so far , 2 thumbs up !

Greg

Bike
ST1300
I did a couple of thousand mile on PR3s on my first Pan last year, mainly in rain and low temperatures, bit of frost but no snow or ice. My daily commute of 140 miles round trip. Best tyres I have ever ridden on for day to day riding, lots of grip in the wet, very confidence inspiring, very few moments and when it did happen it was predictable with lots of warning, no sudden breakaways. Cant speak for the mileage side of things but 2000 miles showed zero wear visible. They are on my new Pan that I get next week so not only will I stick with them but Im very happy to do so. This is from a life long bridgestone fan so Im a convert now.

Outbackwack

Howard
Bike
'13 Vstrom 650
STOC #
Well, I just installed a new set of PR3's (From Keel of course). First, what a major PITA getting the old Bridgestone BT020's off was... holy crap! Even with my No-Mar I had to fight like hell and suffered multiple bruising :-(

That said, the PR3's were a PIECE OF CAKE to mount!!! WOW!!! And since I had a bad valve core, I had to remove the rear a week later to replace it, and it came off EASILY! I will never go back to the BT020's... NEVER!

The first couple of rides were getting used to the feeling, and they do fall in nicely. I did notice that at high speed (80+) emergency handling was not immediate; i.e. I could not change lanes as fast as with the BT020's it seemed. That's prolly just me though...

Overall, I like what I feel so far. We'll see how they hold up to 7000 miles over the next month of mostly slab. The BT020 rear was worn flat right to the wear bar when I took it off.

Next step... Race Tech Gold front & rear!

About to get a new set of tyres for my ST-1300.

Anyone have anything BAD to say about PR3s? I'm looking at either PR3s or BT023s. It has BT020s on at the moment.

In particular... my bike weaves at 120mph. Above about 90mph it starts to feel a bit light in the front. Whatever tyre I get, I want it to be good at 90mph.

The other thing about the BT020s (or maybe the ST1300 in general) is it seems to "flop" into low speed turns, eg corners at suburban street speeds. Any comment with PR3s or BT023s?

omniron

...rider of V'GER
Bike
18 Kawi Ninja H2SXSE
I'm on my second set of PR3s, after a set of PR2s. Really good tires.

FYI, my bike is stable to 120 mph now that I've installed a fork brace. Wobbles and weaves are all gone now.

SuperBrace.jpg

Bike
2007 ST 1300
Have just a bit over 5,000 miles on my PR3's and no issues to report. Tires still look like new and really holding up well at this point. Certainly much better than the OEM Bridgestones it came with.

Take care,
Bob

Bike
1&2&3-2005 ST1300ABS
2024 Miles
STOC #
About to get a new set of tyres for my ST-1300.

Anyone have anything BAD to say about PR3s? I'm looking at either PR3s or BT023s. It has BT020s on at the moment.
Any comment with PR3s or BT023s?
No problems pulling a trailer with the BT 023 GT's and running 90 MPH.
At 20,000 Km's or 12,500 miles on the front and rear tire, looks like I can go another couple thousand miles on them.
All in all, a great tire for the money I paid for them. $218 for both.

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Hi Guys
I ran the rp3 great tire, I only have one thing to say about them. I get great mileage out of the tires 30,000 KM on the front and 20,000 KM on the rear (B), and great in the rain. The mileage isn't the problem. I find at about half way the tires start to cup real bad. flat in the center and aud. cupping on the sides. So I'm trying the BT 023 GT's for now and will report as I go.
Cheers Lyle

Woodchuck

(Lyle)
Bike
2018 BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Hey
I just change the rear tire for the trip to ONSTOC. I thought that it would be good idea since I'm 2 up for the trip. The front tire has 6000 km on it and is to early to tell yet. At the same time I'm also checking the reviews on the Perelli Angle GT new out this spring.
Lyle

Top Bottom