Motor oil

Bike
2006 ST 1300
Back in the day. The Hardly Ableson riders used Kendal GP -1 70 weight racing oil in my neck of the woods. It was thick as molasses in January in Maine. I had an old Honda 400 two banger. I put it in in the summer. My first experience with synthetics was in the early 90's. I put Mobil 1 15w-50 in a 1981 Yammer Hammer 550 Seca. Thing ran like a hamster on crack. Only problem was the wet clutch didn't like it. It never slipped. But the clutch friction disc would stick to the steel disc at cold start.

Back in the day. The Hardly Ableson riders used Kendal GP -1 70 weight racing oil in my neck of the woods. It was thick as molasses in January in Maine. I had an old Honda 400 two banger. I put it in in the summer. My first experience with synthetics was in the early 90's. I put Mobil 1 15w-50 in a 1981 Yammer Hammer 550 Seca. Thing ran like a hamster on crack. Only problem was the wet clutch didn't like it. It never slipped. But the clutch friction disc would stick to the steel disc at cold start.

I had an 84 Honda Ascot VT500 years back. The resonator box was a bit rotten. One day I started it and blipped the throttle a few times. On the last blip the entire bottom of the resonator fell out. I was basically running a foot and a half of straight pipe for an exhaust and that was all. It was soooo loud. Nobody in a car would come me. It was obnoxious. I used to call it my Honda Davidson. Lol.

Top Bottom