My Dad passed...

Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Two days ago I was forced to say good bye to my Dad. He had a bleed in his head from a fall, and not much that medical science could do for him to reverse that issue. The medical staff did a great job with keeping him very sedated and mostly seizure free, but 3 days after the diagnosis, he went to rest forever without pain and living how he would not want to be. He is the one that taught me about everything mechanical, bought my first and second and maybe third motorcycle, snowmobiles etc, and let me fix them until he had to come and really fix them for me. That was the teaching that he did for me, all his life really, and about life. I will miss him, he was a great man indeed.

Thanks for reading this, and if your able, go give your parents a hug...and your kids, spouse...whoever your close to, as life is short and precious. Now go out and ride, and be safe out there everyone.:06biker:

ToddC

Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
Dude....!!!! I am so sorry!!! Lost my dad..teacher....trainer......way too soon too. My heart weeps for you....:ang1:

T

OP
OP
cdnemsguy
Bike
2005/06/07 ST1300
Thanks Todd. I know how you feel for your dad still and how proud you are of him as every time you show the Mini, or photos... I can see that. We are who we are because of them. :)

okckeith

Site Supporter
Bike
2017 Triumph Trophy
Prayers for you my friend. Sounds a lot my Dad.
They have a way of still being around with you. It’s been 20 years since my Dad passed. I think you will find that out in time. Puts a smile on my face when I do something and it makes me think of him.

Bike
VStrom 650
Sorry for your loss, it's really hard at first, but time sort of heals
A fortnight ago mine was helping me hang wallpaper, than last week was telling me how deep to plant my French Beans. He seems to pop up when I need him. Never fails to bring a tear and a smile to my face.
He died young and it'll be 33 years in November, not that I'm counting.
God bless.
Upt'North.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
I'm so sorry for your loss. My story is much like yours. It'll hurt bad for a while but the good memories will get you through.

gmast1100

Gettin old sux
Bike
2016 Kawasaki Versys
STOC #
So sorry for your loss. I know the pan that you’re going through. I lost my dad on Fathers Day 2012.

The great memories will live with you forever.

Bike
2018 NC750X
STOC #
Sorry for your loss. Can't believe it's been 17 years since my dad passed... still miss him! I share your sense of loss and pain.

Bike
07 ST1300
Sorry for your loss. My father went slow and bad from dementia.
My dad gave me his knack for working with his hands. I can fix anything thanks to him. I still find new things that I learned from him.
Dad's can be amazing for sure. The acute pain will ease soon enough.

Nashcat

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 Versys 1000LT
STOC #
I'm sorry for your loss. My father passed 35 years ago, but he's still with me, guiding me along the way. Your father will always be there for you when you need him.

John

Bike
06 ST1300A
STOC #
I'm sorry for your loss. I rode 1600 miles this weekend to hand deliver my mothers day card to my mom and give her a big hug. My dad's been gone for 4 years now.

Bike
Honda ST1300
STOC #
25 years since and before I realize it, I still find myself reaching for the phone once in a while when Im doing something new or difficult and need his advice. It does get better...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whooshka

Fairly faST old guy
Bike
2006 ST1300
Sorry to hear this. You got to say goodbye. It doesn't ease the pain in your heart but you'll have "closure". Rest easy for he's in God's care now.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
I feel for you. I lost my dad 18 years ago - can't believe it's been that long - and I have never stopped missing him, although I always smile when he comes into my thoughts. I can still see his crooked smile (my nephew has exactly the same smile), hear his laughter and see the impish glint in his eye when he's up to something...like one of his epic practical jokes.
He was a brilliant engineer with a great love of literature, music and languages; I am a voracious reader, a musician since age 9 (in fact I've played professionally) and a linguist and translator because of him (I speak 5 languages).
Our dads have helped shape us into who we are. Grieve for him, as you of course must, but then think of him with love, gratitude and a smile...and always remember what he taught you.

Hugs

Patty

Top Bottom