My Father

Bike
'08 Connie C14
STOC #
He wasn't a rider, but he raised a couple.

Far as I know, he only rode 2 MCs in his life. My first (that he financed:)) '64 Yammie 80 that he promptly rode through a fence, feet dragging, hollering WHOAAAAAAA! He got to where he could putter around on that one, for some reason decided he needed to ride my 400 RN 'zook. He did it, got it back and said "Now that has some power!" Yeah???? I think maybe he saw Jesus on that ride....

A good man, a proud member of "the Greatest generation". Laid low by Alzheimers, a sad stealer of all that is important.

In lieu of flowers, please hug your family members, today. Now would be good.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Sorry to hear that Tom. Prayers sent to your family/friends.

Katmando64

R.I.P. - 2012/05/26
Rest In Peace
Bike
2008 ST1300
Sorry to hear this Tom. Hugs and prayers for you and the family. Hold onto the memories!

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
Family hugged, Tom, and they all know why. Our sympathies to you and yours, big guy.

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
I'll honor your father, gladly, Tom.

Your father was a part of what made this country great.

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Well, I no longer have anyone to hug here and my closest family is an hour away, so I'll send you and yours virtual hugs instead! And I will hug my sister and her family when I see them at Christmas, for sure. My Mom suffers from progressive dementia; it is not Alzheimer's per se, but the manifestations are similar and the person is no longer who they were. It's a hard thing to live through and I'm glad that this burden has been lifted from both you and him. But most of all, I'm glad of the memories of him you have and can cherish. Strength to all of you.

Patty

sirepair

Let's RIDE!
Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1100P
STOC #
Tom, so sorry for your loss.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I'll be sure to give my dad a big hug when he returns from visiting his sister in Florida. He's battling Parkensons..... Another "sad stealer".

Dinkie Diesel

------------Jeff------------
Bike
2013 GL1800
You have my sympathy, Tom. I lost my dad to Alzheimer's. You couldn't be more correct in using the term "stealer". My guess is you have been without him for some time. Still hurts really bad though. God bless.

Jeff

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Thanks for the great suggestion Tom.

Prayers for you and yours as well.

Condolences,
Mark and Chris

Bike
ST1300/HD FB
Sorry for your loss Tom. I miss my father too.

Pops got me into riding motocross back at age 13. He taught me the basics in a parking lot and then on the dirt track. He had a similar leg dragging, WHOAAAAAAA! moment teaching me to wheelie the bike...as the bike flipped straight over. That and the broken thumb he sustained teaching me to jump further resulted in his doctor's recommendation to leave motorcycling to your kid.

I miss him most every day.

Top Bottom