My ST1100 - overview

OP
OP
ST_SVK
Things moved on, I have first short ride with bike today, front fork looks OK.

Quick question: can someone measure distance of front wheel from lower engine cover? (see picture)

Mine is 3cm (1 3/16inch). Just to be sure. :)
IMG_3806.jpg

Bike
2000 ST1100Y
STOC #
@ST_SVK , you have done enough work on your ST.

Now, LET'S RIDE it.

* "Let's Ride" is the motto of the ST Owners Club. ;)

STO-Lic-Plate-Frame.jpg

And next time you'll see a lady in a SUV,
remember : she has the right of way.
Because she's a lady.
And because she have a SUV.
And because she thinks she have the right of way.
:rofl1:

Hope everything turns out nicely with the insurance. In the worst scenario, if they want to call it a total lost (because for them, repairs will cost more than the value of the bike) I think you can pay from your pocket to fix it, and leaves the insurance outside that, so, at least, you can fix it and continue enjoying your motorcycle for many years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ST_SVK
@ChriSTian_64: thanks :) Don´t worry, I want to be back on the road asap. I already make short ride, all seems to be OK, front fender is at paint shop now, missing broken parts are ordered at Honda dealer already.

I checked everything, this is how she looks after crash :)
IMG_3620.jpg

OP
OP
ST_SVK
Sooooo, this task wasn´t that easy, but it´s done. :hat3:

All new parts on place (all OEM Honda) + I installed new both front brake rotors and new master brake cylinder.

After first short ride "around the block" all looks good, I double checked all screws and joints, looks good.
Last thing remains - left fairing is at paint shop, I hope within 2 weeks it will be ready to roll.

Great lesson learned

Left side
IMG_3873.jpg

Right side
IMG_3872.jpg

And one small upgrade on new fender - Pyramid mud guard
IMG_3874.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ST_SVK
So, after this season it is time to prepare ST for winter sleep. :) I cleaned it, put fresh petrol into tank (with little bit of fuel stabiliser) and disassembled carbs (it was pretty easy, putting back will be quiet harder after inspection. o_O

IMG_4592.jpg
IMG_4591.jpg
After few readed threads here and also some talks with other bikers I started to be suspicious about paragraphs, and yes - there are cracks in 3 of them, so I am glad that I put carbs out (also want to clean space underneath + I am still not 100% sure, but I want to get rid of pairing system).
IMG_4593.jpg

So, new paragraphs will be installed during winter. :)

jrp

Bike
ST1100AW
STOC #
No. Pilots screws regulate the air fuel mixture at idle mainly. There is not enough info given in the manual to answer how the power reduction is done. Even the main jets are the same. Maybe a throttle limiter? :think1:
It would be possible to limit power by retarding the timing via the ECU.

OP
OP
ST_SVK
Hi ST owners, one quick question.

I have new paragraphs, they look the same as old ones, only difference is, that this small hole on the bottom is "see thru", and on the new ones it is also there, but covered by white plastic part on inside.

Logically, this is no problem, but before assembly, I want to be sure. :)

Small hole:
IMG_4638.jpg

Old one:
IMG_4636.jpg

New one:
IMG_4637.jpg

OP
OP
ST_SVK
You installed new "paragraphs".... :think1:

Do you mean... diaphragms ?
Sorry, of course I mean diaphragm :D Lost in translation as ST1100Y mentioned :D

I used word "paragraphs" in like 5 threads :hat3:

In my language we are calling it "vacuum membrane" :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom