Need Help Troubleshooting Audiovox CCS-100 Install on ST1100

STOC #
Test ride went well today. The original problem was the two wires reversed. Switches 1-4-7 are on, engagement is smooth and positive. I am using a vacuum valve, but no vacuum tank.

DAS

STOC #
I've had my CCS-100 installed for several years and it works good except I can't set it much above 70. I've always blamed that on the length and position of the bell crank arm that the cable is attached to. So last week I modified the bell crank arm to give the CSS-100 better leverage at half to 3/4 throttle but still no satisfaction. So I Google the problem and the Miata guy says to set sw1 and 2 for 8000 because the 2 coil Miata ignition fires twice per cycle. Hmm my ST too and therefore it fires at about 4000 rpm at 75 mph. Maybe we should be setting sw1 and 2 for 5000 or 8000 rpm. Does anyone else have a problem getting the CCS-100 to set at over 70 or has anyone tried this.

Last edited:

DAS

STOC #
Well, this isn't the problem. Took the bike for a ride this morning. In 3rd gear the CCS-100 would "set" at 4000 rpm and "accel" up to 6000 rpm and then cut out out on high rpm. I assume it should do the same in 5th and that should be all the speed I need. I checked the install manual and the unit has 44 mm of travel and that should be plenty to get full throttle. I'll have to do some more testing and checking.

John OoSTerhuis

Life Is Good!
Bike
1991 SSMST1100
STOC #
Not sure if this is germane, but the anchor point of the end of the CC's cable housing is critical. It must allow full travel of the cable relative to the range of movement of the throttle bellcrank. This can be tested manually during the initial install as the cable can be pulled out by hand, and of course the throttle bellcrank can be rotated manually as well.

At full cable pull/withdrawal you want the throttle bellcrank to have a smidge more travel available.

John

Last edited:
Top Bottom